He made his feature film debut in the comedy A Carbon Copy (1981) and was cast on the hit TV medical drama St. Elsewhere (1982-88). He went on to appear in several hit movies, including Philadelphia, Man on Fire, The Book of Eli, American Gangster and Flight, and won Oscars for his roles in Glory and Training Day.
What does Denzel Washington do for a living?
How much money is Denzel Washington worth? As of 2021, his net worth is $250 million while his annual salary is $60million. This wealth is mainly from his successful career as an actor. He has also made a significant amount of wealth as a film director, screenwriter and producer.
What are 3 facts about Denzel Washington?
5 Things You Didn’t Know About Denzel Washington
- He is named after his father, who was named after the doctor who delivered him, Dr.
- When he entered Fordham University, his plan was to become a doctor.
- He’s the first black actor to win two Academy Awards.
- His oldest son, John David, was drafted in 2006 by the NFL’s St.
What is Morgan Freeman’s age?
Morgan Freeman was born on June 1, 1937, in Memphis, Tennessee. He is the son of Mamie Edna (née Revere; 1912–2000), a teacher, and Morgan Porterfield Freeman (July 6, 1915 – April 27, 1961), a barber, who died of cirrhosis in 1961. He has three older siblings.
How old is Denzel?
Smith has an estimated net worth of $350 million in 2021.
Which is the world’s richest actor?
Highest annual earnings
- Highest-paid of 2017. Rank. Actor. Earnings. Mark Wahlberg. $68 million. Dwayne Johnson.
- Highest-paid of 2018. Rank. Actor. Earnings. George Clooney. $239 million.
- Highest-paid of 2019. Rank. Actor. Earnings. Dwayne Johnson. $89.4 million.
- Highest-paid of 2020. Rank. Actor. Earnings. Dwayne Johnson. $87.5 million.
Who is the most paid black actor?
Jackson. Samuel L. Jackson has accumulated about $220 million as an actor and in 2011, became the highest all-time box office star. In other words, if Jackson’s in a movie, people are paying big bucks to see it!
What’s Denzel Washington’s real name?
Denzel Hayes Washington, Jr. was born on December 28, 1954 in Mount Vernon, New York. He is the middle of three children of a beautician mother, Lennis, from Georgia, and a Pentecostal minister father, Denzel Washington, Sr., from Virginia.
Is Denzel Washington in the army?
Denzel Washington is the US Army’s newest (honorary) sergeant major. “He just wants to do better for the Army.” Actor, director and Hollywood icon Denzel Washington is the “Honorary Sergeant Major of the Army” for 2021.
How rich is Denzel Washington?
According to Celebrity Net Worth, Denzel Washington is currently worth a whopping $280 million, making him one of the richest African American actors in the world.
What role did Denzel Washington won an Oscar for?
Washington won an Academy Award for Best Actor for the 2001 cop thriller Training Day, where he played Detective Alonzo Harris, a corrupt Los Angeles cop. He was the second African-American actor to win the category after Sidney Poitier, who was presented with an Honorary Academy Award the same night.
Who is the best actor of all time?
16 Greatest Actors Of All Time
- Al Pacino. Image Source: Forbes.
- Laurence Olivier. Image Source: screenrant.com.
- Gary Oldman. Image Source: whatculture.com.
- Leonardo DiCaprio. Image Source: vox.com.
- Dustin Hoffman. Image Source: BFI.
- Tom Hanks. Image Source: indiewire.com.
- Marlon Brando. Image Source: studiobinder.com.
- Jack Nicholson.
What movies did Denzel Washington win an Oscar?
The diversity of his talent can be found in films ranging from Cry Freedom (1987) to The Preacher’s Wife (1996) to American Gangster (2007), earning Academy Awards for his performances in Glory (1989) and Training Day (2001).