How to Get an Adult Drivers License in Washington
- Pre-apply online for a drivers license.
- Pass the knowledge test at a testing location.
- Apply for a license at a licensing office.
- Schedule a drive test at a testing station and pass the test.
- Finalize your drivers license.
How do I get my license at 16 in Washington?
In order to earn your drivers license, you must:
- Be a Washington resident at least 16 years old.
- Enroll in and complete a driver training course.
- Hold your Washington instruction permit for at least 6 months.
- Not be convicted of drug or alcohol offenses while holding a permit.
How long does it take to get your license in WA?
Practical driving assessment – minimum age 17 years. You must present your completed log book. 6. Provisional licence – hold for 2 years total with the first 6 months on red ‘P’ plates (with night-time restrictions), remaining 18 months on green ‘P’ plates.
Can 15 year olds drive?
Teens wishing to drive must first obtain a learner’s permit from the California Department of Motor Vehicles. They can do this after they have completed an approved drivers’ education course and reaching the age of 15 years and six months. The course should include at least 30 hours of classroom instruction.
Can you get your permit at 14?
For many states, the youngest you can be to get a permit and drive is 15. However, there are six states where you can be 14 and drive: Alaska, Arkansas, Iowa, Kansas, North Dakota, and South Dakota. In the other five states, you can’t transition to license until you turn 16 (except North Dakota, which is 15).
How do I start driving?
Step One: Drivers Education
- Take a drivers education course.
- Pass your learners permit exam.
- Begin behind-the-wheel training (either with an instructor or your parent/guardian)
- When you’ve completed your required number of behind-the-wheel training hours, apply for your drivers license.
When can you drive alone in WA?
Washington Intermediate Drivers License Restrictions Curfew. You cannot drive between 1 a.m. and 5 a.m. alone. If you need to be on the road at this time, make sure to have a parent, legal guardian or another licensed driver who is at least 25 years of age supervise you.
How can I get my driving licence fast?
Beyond that, however, there are a few steps to getting your license faster that you also want to follow.
- Invest in a Quality Study Guide.
- Take Online Practice Tests.
- Get Your Permit as Soon as Possible.
- Keep Track of Your Logged Hours.
- Have the Necessary Identification.
What state has the youngest driving age?
What state has the lowest minimum age to drive in the USA? South Dakota, North Dakota and Montana have the lowest age to drive in the USA where a full license can be issued at just 16 years old.
Can u drive your friends at 16?
Teens may not drive with passengers under the age of 20 years old for the first 12 months. Some of the California driving laws for 18 year olds have exceptions. If one of the passengers is over the age of 25, they may have other passengers under the age of 20.
How can I drive at 14?
In nine states, teenagers can enter the learner stage of a graduated driver licensing (GDL) system and obtain an instructional permit before turning 15 years of age. In some rare circumstances, a teen can drive alone with restrictions at age 14.
When should I stop driving?
The signs that you may want to consider stopping driving So what are some of the indicators that should you be considering: Sudden changes to health – a stroke or heart attack. A long-term medical condition has progressed – Dementia, Arthritis, Parkinson’s, Diabetes. Deteriorating eyesight or hearing.