Where to Stay in Washington DC: 8 Best Areas
- Downtown, best area to stay in Washington DC.
- Capitol Hill, where to stay in Washington for sightseeing.
- Chinatown, eclectic and fun place.
- Foggy Bottom, a hip place to stay in Washington DC.
- Dupont Circle, vibrant cultural life.
Where should I stay in Washington DC for the first time?
Answer: Most people who are visiting Washington, D.C. for the first time are going for the National Mall and Smithsonian Musesums. In that case the best places to stay when visiting Washington, D.C. for the first time is to stay south of the National Mall near the L’Enfant or Federal Center Metro Metro stations.
What is the nicest part of Washington DC?
9 Best Neighborhoods in Washington DC
- Georgetown. This historic neighborhood is located in the northwest end of the city.
- Chinatown. This small neighborhood is known for its abundance of Asian restaurants and celebration of Asian culture.
- Capitol Hill.
- Forest Hills.
- Logan Circle.
- Foggy Bottom.
- Navy Yard.
Is downtown DC Safe?
OVERALL RISK: MEDIUM. Washington D.C. is overall very safe to travel to, with some dangerous areas and spots where you might feel uneasy. However, the criminal activities that occur only apply to dangerous parts of the city, which are rarely frequented by tourists.
Where should you not stay in Washington DC?
Top 10 Unsafe Areas in Washington DC! Is Washington DC Safe?
- Brentwood. A total of 28,660 people live here.
- Stadium Armory. This is generally regarded as the most improved neighborhood.
- U street corridor.
- Columbia Heights.
Can you walk everywhere in Washington DC?
The good news is that most everything you’ll want to see is within walking distance. That’s a big deal. There’s no reason to have a car or use taxi service when visiting DC. You can get almost everywhere on foot and with the use of the metro train system.
What should I know before moving to Washington DC?
11 Tips to Know Before Moving To Washington D.C.
- Be Prepared for the Cost of Living.
- Know Your Neighborhoods.
- Learn to Love The Metro.
- Consider Storing Your Car.
- Know How the Local Taxes Work.
- Don’t Dismiss Downsizing.
- Moving Within the City.
- Learn Train Schedules and Routes.
Is Washington DC a walkable city?
According to Walk Score, Washington, D.C. has an overall walkability score of 76, meaning most errands can be accomplished on foot.
Is the Shaw area of Washington DC Safe?
“ It’s a safe neighborhood, and it’s been a safe neighborhood for a very long time.” The Shaw neighborhood has been among one of the District’s most quickly gentrifying areas and is transforming with newly renovated rowhouses and apartment buildings.
Where should I stay when visiting Washington DC on a budget?
The Most Budget-Friendly Hotels in Washington DC, USA
- ARC THE HOTEL.
- Hilton Garden Inn Washington DC Downtown.
- Cambria Hotel Washington DC Convention Center.
- Comfort Inn Downtown DC/Convention Center.
- Churchill Hotel Near Embassy Row.
- State Plaza Hotel.
- Club Quarters Hotel, Washington DC, White House.
- Hamilton Hotel.
Is Penn Quarter DC Safe?
Residents claim that the neighborhood is very safe and easily walkable. If you want to check out other areas in DC, you’re conveniently located near multiple metro lines. Reviewers can’t say enough good things about Penn Quarter.
Is Foggy Bottom safe?
The neighborhood is super safe. There are restaurants. However, there is much of a nightlife, but Foggy Bottom is so close to many going out spots around DC. It’s a great place to live to go to school and get around DC (Foggy Bottom metro is very close), but the undergrads can get really loud on the weekends.
How many days do you need in Washington DC?
Depending on your interests, you should spend at least 3 days in Washington, DC. This gives you enough time to see the monuments, memorials, museums, parks, and enjoy what the district has to offer. Here’s a quick guide on how to see Washington, DC in 3 days.
Is Capitol Hill Washington DC Safe?
It’s an excellent, safe neighborhood with plenty of families. While it’s not the most exciting neighborhood in the city, it’s within walking distance of plenty of bars and restaurants.