What city is near Washington DC?
- Washington DC is a city that originally comprised the cities of Washington and Georgetown from MD and Alexandria from Virginia.
Best Places to Visit Near Washington, D.C.
- Annapolis, Maryland. Just 45 minutes east of Washington, D.C., Annapolis is an easy weekend getaway.
- Baltimore, Maryland.
- Eastern Shore, Maryland and Virginia.
- Colonial Williamsburg.
- Old Town Alexandria.
- Gettysburg, Pennsylvania.
- Deep Creek Lake, Maryland.
- New York City.
- Shenandoah National Park, Virginia.
- Harpers Ferry, West Virginia.
What is the closest city to Washington DC?
What towns are close to Washington DC?
Beautiful Towns To Visit Near Washington, D.C.
- Old Town Alexandria, Virginia. The quaint colonial town transports tourists to the late 1700s, the time when George Washington resided in Alexandria’s town center. …
- Annapolis, Maryland. …
- Harper’s Ferry, West Virginia. …
- Lewes, Delaware. …
- Ocean City, Maryland. …
- Winchester, Virginia.
Where should I live to commute to Washington DC?
Top Neighborhoods Near DC for Commuters
- Arlington, Virginia. Only three miles from DC across the Arlington Memorial Bridge, Arlington is an excellent choice for commuters who prefer to drive. …
- Silver Spring, Maryland. For many, Silver Spring, MD is a more affordable option than living in downtown DC. …
- Greenbelt, Maryland. …
- Alexandria, Virginia.
Where should I stay when visiting Washington DC?
Washington DC Hotels and Places to Stay
- AC Hotel Washington DC Downtown. View Hotel. …
- Sofitel Washington DC. View Hotel. …
- The Georgetown Inn. View Hotel. …
- Capitol Hill Hotel. View Hotel. …
- The Dupont Circle. …
- Holiday Inn Washington DC – Central / White House. …
- Hyatt Regency Washington on Capitol Hill. …
- Willard InterContinental Washington.
How far is Virginia to Washington DC?
The total driving distance from Virginia to Washington, DC is 119 miles or 192 kilometers.
How far is Arlington from DC?
There are 3.41 miles from Arlington to Washington in northeast direction and 5 miles (8.05 kilometers) by car, following the US-50 E route. Arlington and Washington are 7 minutes far apart, if you drive non-stop . This is the fastest route from Arlington, VA to Washington, DC.
How far is Baltimore from Washington DC?
How far is Alexandria from Washington DC?
Is it cheaper to live in MD or VA?
Between Maryland and Virginia, the quality of life was the same but Virginia was about 25% cheaper than either the District or Maryland. … At the local level, there is no discernible difference between suburban Maryland and suburban Virginia.
How expensive is it to live in Washington DC?
3126 16th St NW Apt 2COST OF LIVINGWashingtonDistrict of ColumbiaHousing240.8244.8Median Home Cost$556,700$565,900Utilities106106Transportation135.3135.3
Is DC more expensive than LA?
Los Angeles is 13.9% more expensive than Washington. Los Angeles housing costs are 23.8% more expensive than Washington housing costs. Health related expenses are 0.9% more in Los Angeles.
Where should you not stay in Washington DC?
Areas to Avoid in Washington, D.C.
As you start to drift east and north after the Mt. Vernon metro station the neighborhoods show signs of hard times. As far as finding a safe hotel in Washington, DC the most popular areas / Metro stations will be Foggy-Bottom, Dupont Circle, Gallery Place, and Metro Center.
Where should I stay in Washington DC for the first time?
If you are visiting for the first time, the best area to stay at is the National Mall, because it is home to the main attractions in Washington DC. These include the iconic monuments, federal buildings and Smithsonian museums. Other prime locations are Downtown and Capitol Hill.