Washington Seasonal Fruits and Vegetables
- Apples, August through November (cold storage until spring)
- Apricots, June and July.
- Artichokes, September and October.
- Arugula, May through December.
- Asparagus, April through June.
- Basil, June through November.
- Beets, June through January.
- Blackberries, July through September.
Are peaches in season in WA?
West Australian nectarines, plums and peaches are all in season and are in great flavour condition. The WA Stone fruit season runs from November through to early May with many varieties passing in and out of the shops over this time. Make the most of local in season fruits while they are in abundance.
What fruit is in season in June in Washington state?
June: strawberries To find a u-pick farm, use the Washington Food & Farm Finder.
What fruits are in season throughout the year?
List of Peak Seasons for Fruits and Veggie
- Winter Season. · Chestnuts. · Grapefruit. · Lemons. · Oranges. · Tangerines. · Kale.
- Spring Season. · Apricots. · Avocado. · Mango. · Pineapple. · Rhubarb.
- Summer Season. · Blackberries. · Blueberries. · Nectarines. · Peaches. · Plums.
- Fall Season. · Apples. · Cranberries. · Figs. · Grapes. · Pears.
Which apples are in season now?
Fall Apples (good storage apples) —
- Gala. In season: mid-August to late October.
- Honeycrisp. In season: mid-August to late September.
- Empire. In season: late August to mid-October.
- Jonathan. In season: early September to mid-November.
- Cortland. In season: early September to mid-November.
- Red Delicious.
What are winter fruits?
The 10 best winter fruits you should eat to stay healthy this season
- Grapefruits. Topping the list of fruits is the sweet, juicy, and delicious grapefruit.
- Pears. Pears are not packed with Vitamin C or A or even D, but dietary fiber.
What season are nectarines?
Nectarines are in season from the end of April to the end of August, with the exception of the Chilean nectarine, which is in season from December to March. It depends on the type, but the peak season is in the summer months of June, July, and August.
What fruits grow in Pacific Northwest?
-Fruit trees: apples, pears, Asian pears, cherries, peaches, nectarines, apricots, plums, plus less common fruit trees such as figs, persimmons, and quince.
What month are peaches in season?
Thankfully, with so many varieties that can be grown in a number of regions through the U.S., you can get fresh-picked fruit for much of the year. But summer is the peak peach picking season, and that generally means May through late September. There are about 33 states that grow peaches.
Are Pink Lady apples soft?
Pink Lady, as compared to the Cripps Pink, is very consistent and always excellent. The texture is very firm and crunchy, not a bit mealy or soft which I despise in apples more than anything. It is the perfect balance of tart and sweet with floral notes.
What is the sweetest apple?
Fuji Apples The sweetest apple that is widely available in grocery stores is Fuji. Fuji apples tend to vary in color, from yellow to green to red. Fuji apples are incredibly versatile. Whether you stew them, roast, or bake them into your favorite recipes, they’re absolutely delicious.
What is the most sour apple?
Granny Smith They are incredibly sour—definitely the sourest of the apples we tasted—and are tough to eat without puckering up and squinting.