Acceptable Items for Recycle
- Paper. Cups Containers. Flattened Cardboard. Milk, Juice, Soup Cartons.
- Plastic. Cups Containers. Bottles Lids. Bulky Items.
- Metal. Steel Aluminum. Bottles/Cans/Containers. (all items clean empty)
- Glass. Glass Bottles / Jars. (all items clean empty) *No Windows or Ceramics.
What is considered recyclable in DC?
Paper, plastic, metal, cartons and glass are currently recycled in the District with additional items to include: pizza boxes; paper and plastic plates, cups, lids, and to-go containers; plastic produce, deli/bakery containers, and trays.
What items Cannot be recycled?
15 Things You Should Never Recycle — and 10 Surprising Things You
- Don’t Recycle Aerosol Cans.
- Don’t Recycle Batteries.
- Don’t Recycle Brightly Coloured Paper.
- Don’t Recycle Pottery and Ceramics.
- Don’t Recycle Pizza Boxes.
- Don’t Recycle Disposable Diapers.
- Don’t Recycle Household Chemicals.
What can I put in the recycling?
What Can and Can’t be Recycled
- Paper: office paper, magazines, newspapers and junk mail.
- Green, clear and brown glass bottles and jars.
- Juice and milk cartons.
- All hard plastic bottles and containers marked, but no lids please.
- Steel (tin) and aluminium cans and empty aerosols.
Does DC recycle Tetrapak?
Juice and soup cartons, as well as Tetra Pak containers (which use layered materials including paperboard and plastics), are also recyclable in the Washington region.
How do you remove cardboard from DC?
Simply break down the boxes that you want to be removed and our DC cardboard recycling professionals will come pick it all up and recycle it.
- Easy online booking. Enter your zip code, select your removal items and get your price.
- Next day availability.
- Dedicated support.
What are 10 things you can recycle?
Top 10 Items That Should Always Be Recycled
- Newspapers. Newspapers are one of the easiest materials to recycle.
- Mixed Paper.
- Glossy Magazines and Ads.
- Plastic Drink Bottles.
- Plastic Product Bottles.
- Aluminum Cans.
What are 3 things that Cannot be recycled?
- Food waste.
- Food-tainted items (such as: used paper plates or boxes, paper towels, or paper napkins)
- Ceramics and kitchenware.
- Windows and mirrors.
- Plastic wrap.
- Packing peanuts and bubble wrap.
- Wax boxes.
What household items can be recycled?
What Things Can Be Recycled?
- Glass bottles.
- Plastic bottles.
- Paper rolls (from kitchen towel and toilet paper)
- Stale bread.
- Vegetable peelings.
- Plastic Pots.
What numbers Cannot be recycled?
According to environmental research blog Greenopedia, plastics labeled 1 and 2 can be recycled at almost every recycling center, but numbers 3, 6 and 7 usually cannot be recycled and can go directly in the trash.
Is 5 recyclable in DC?
Plastic #5 is polypropylene and used for yogurt cups other wide-necked containers as well as medicine, ketchup, and syrup bottles, and straws. Plastic#5 is safe and is recyclable in DC.
What happens to DC recycling?
The majority of recyclables that DC residents put into their recycling bins get recycled. Almost every material collected in DC’s residential recycling system has an end market where it will be purchased and recycled into a new product.
Can I recycle shredded paper in DC?
Documents that have been shredded at home should be placed in a paper bag and stapled shut before placing in the recycling bin.