- Geographic coordinates of Seattle, Washington, USA. Latitude: 47°36′22″ N. Longitude: 122°19′55″ W. Elevation above sea level: 56 m = 183 ft. City coordinates.
How can I determine my latitude and longitude?
Get the coordinates of a place
- On your Android phone or tablet, open the Google Maps app .
- Touch and hold an area of the map that isn’t labeled. You’ll see a red pin appear.
- You’ll see the coordinates in the search box at the top.
What is longitude and latitude and altitude?
The identification of the position on the earth by latitude and longitude (and altitude) is used by a lot of services on WWW. … One is a notation to identify latitude and longitude separately. Another is a notation to identify as a set of latitude and longitude.
How do I fix latitude and longitude on Google Maps?
How to find a location’s Latitude & Longitude in Google Maps
- Navigate to Google’s Maps website: www.google.com/maps.
- Enter the address you want to find the Latitude & Longitude for such as ClubRunner.
- Right click on the Map’s pin point, and from the new menu choose What’s Here?
Is Latitude up and down?
40.7393° N, 74.0020° W
Is latitude vertical or horizontal?
One measures the distance from the equator, the other from the Prime Meridian. This illustration of Earth is overlaid with a grid of latitude and longitude. The horizontal lines are latitude and the vertical lines are longitude.
What are examples of longitude?
For example, the longitude of Paris, France, is 2° 29′ E (2 degrees, 29 minutes east). The longitude for Brasilia, Brazil, is 47° 55′ W (47 degrees, 55 minutes west). A degree of longitude is about 111 kilometers (69 miles) at its widest. The widest areas of longitude are near the Equator, where the Earth bulges out.
What is the difference between altitude and latitude?
In context|astronomy|lang=en terms the difference between latitude and altitude. is that latitude is (astronomy) the angular distance of a heavenly body from the ecliptic while altitude is (astronomy) the angular distance of a heavenly body above our earth’s horizon.
How do you read Earth coordinates?
The line of longitude is read as 2 degrees (2°), 10 minutes (10′), 26.5 seconds (12.2”) east. The line of latitude is read as 41 degrees (41), 24.2028 minutes (24.2028) north. The coordinate for the line of latitude represents north of the Equator because it is positive.
What comes first latitude or longitude?
When you see a pair of coordinates and can’t remember whether latitude or longitude comes first, think about alphabetical order to remember. Latitude comes first in alphabetical order and it also is the first coordinate in a set. Longitude is the second coordinate in the set.
What is a latitude line?
Latitude lines are a numerical way to measure how far north or south of the equator a place is located. The equator is the starting point for measuring latitude–that’s why it’s marked as 0 degrees latitude.
How do you convert coordinates?
Community Mapping Experiment: How to Convert Latitude and Longitude to Map Coordinates
- Step 1: Multiply (×) the “degrees” by 60.
- Step 2: Add (+) the “minutes”
- Step 3: If the Latitude (Longitude) degrees are S (W) use a minus sign (“-“) in front. …
- Step 4: Subtract Reference Location converted to Minutes.
What is 0 latitude called?
Where is 180 degrees longitude?
The 180th meridian or antimeridian is the meridian 180° both east and west of the Prime Meridian, with which it forms a great circle dividing the earth into the Western and Eastern Hemispheres. It is common to both east longitude and west longitude.