Table: Alphabetical List of the Lowest Point by State
|State and other areas||Place||Elevation (feet)|
|Virginia||Atlantic Ocean||Sea Level|
|Washington||Pacific Ocean||Sea Level|
|West Virginia||Potomac River||240|
•Jan 2, 2021
- Lowest Point The lowest point in Washington is sea level where Washington meets the Pacific Ocean in the west. What is the terrain of Washington state? Western Washington is hilly and even mountainous in places with lots of rivers and lakes.
– Lowest point: Death Valley (in Inyo County) — Elevation: -282 feet Mount Whitney is the tallest peak in the contiguous 48 U.S. states, on the boundary of Sequoia National Park and Inyo National Forest. To the east is Death Valley, where the lowest point is Badwater Basin.
What state has the lowest high point?
Determining which state is “lowest” is equally problematic. California contains the Badwater Basin in Death Valley, at 279 feet (85 m) below sea level, the lowest point in the United States; while Florida has the lowest high point, and Delaware has the lowest mean elevation.
What is the area of Washington state?
184 827 км²
What state has the highest and lowest points in the lower 48?
state of California
What is the lowest point of Pennsylvania?
What is the flattest state in the US?
What is the highest point in all 50 states?
Highpointing: 50 U.S. Highest Points Of ElevationSTATE NAMEHIGHPOINTELEVATIONAlaskaMount McKinley/Denali20320ArizonaHumphreys Peak12633ArkansasMt Magazine/Signal Hill02753CaliforniaMount Whitney14494
What’s the difference between Washington and Washington State?
Washington is often referred to as Washington state to distinguish it from the nation’s capital, Washington, D.C. … Washington is the second most populous state on the West Coast and in the Western United States, after California.
Is Seattle a small city?
Seattle is under 1 M population. So way smaller than LA, New York, Chicago, etc. … Seattle is the 20th most populated city in the United States. With a population of 668,000, it is larger than Denver but smaller than El Paso.
Where should I live in Washington State?
10 Best Places to Live in Washington State
- Olympia. The capital city has a lot going on. …
- Spokane. On the eastern edge of Washington State is the lovely Spokane Valley, filled with mountain lakes, waterfalls, and wineries. …
- Bellingham. Those who live in Bellingham probably wish that lists like this one would leave their city off of it. …
- Walla Walla. …
- Mercer Island.
Which state has most mountains?
Which state has the smallest population?
Which US city has the highest altitude?
Highest Cities in the United States
By contrast, the highest incorporated city in the United States is Leadville, Colorado at a mere altitude of 3,094 meters (10,152 feet).
What states have no mountains?
- Florida (312 ft)
- Louisiana (535 ft)
- Delaware (448 ft)
- Rhode Island (812 ft)
- Mississippi (807 ft)
How many miles across is PA?
Pennsylvania is 283 miles long, from east to west, and 160 miles wide at its most distant points. The geographic center of Pennsylvania is located in Centre County, 2.5 miles southwest of Bellefonte. Pennsylvania is bordered by New York and Lake Erie to the north.