- The National Zoo is open from 9 a.m. – 6 p.m. (until 4 p.m. in the winter months) seven days a week. Be prepared to do lots of walking! The National Zoo, which is handicapped and stroller accessible, is a large park with 18 distinct areas to explore.
Zoos & Aquariums, Outdoor Activities, Nature & Parks 3001 Connecticut Ave NW, Washington DC, DC 20008-2537 Open today: 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM
What time does the National Zoo open in Washington DC?
Zoo Hours and Operations
The Zoo is open 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. Last admittance for timed entry passes and paid parking passes is 3 p.m. Learn more about entry passes below.
Is the DC zoo open yet?
Smithsonian’s National Zoo and Udvar-Hazy Center To Reopen July 24 With New Safety Measures. The Smithsonian’s National Zoo reopens to the public on July 24.
How long does it take to go through the Washington DC zoo?
Does the DC Zoo sell beer?
The Zoo even sells beer, which is how Taylor convinced Ethan that they should both get their faces painted like pandas… … Dress up in your favorite costume and enjoy craft beers, D.C. food truck fare, performance artists, and a DJ dance party.
How much does the DC Zoo cost?
The National Zoo is located in DC’s residential Woodley Park neighborhood and, like all Smithsonian museums, admission is free. The main entrance (you’ll know it by the two Instagram-friendly lion statues flanking the gate) is on Connecticut Avenue.
How much is parking at the DC Zoo?
1. The National Zoo Has 5 Official Parking Lots Directly Onsite: Onsite parking at the zoo costs $22 if you pay upon arrival.2 мая 2017 г.
Where do you park at the DC Zoo?
- 2548 Woodley Rd. NW. Alley Space – 2631 Connecticut Ave. …
- 3513 Connecticut Ave. NW. 3513 Connecticut Ave. …
- 1811 Adams Mill Rd. NW. Alley Space – Adams Morgan/PNC Bank Lot. …
- 3626 16th St. NW. The Woodner Garage. …
- 3300 Whitehaven St. NW. …
- 3155 Hiatt Pl. NW. …
- 2001 S St. NW. …
- 4455 Connecticut Ave. NW.
How do I get to the Smithsonian Zoo?
Take the Metro and Walk
The National Zoo is located on Metro’s Red Line, in between the Cleveland Park metro stop and the Woodley Park/National Zoo metro stop. Get off at the Cleveland Park stop when going to the zoo: head south, on Connecticut Avenue, and the walk will be downhill.
Is there parking at the National Zoo?
Member Passes and Parking
Members must reserve a Free Timed Pass or Parking Pass ahead of their visit. All ticket reservations are first come, first served. Free parking passes are available for members but are extremely limited each day.
Can you carry backpacks in Washington DC?
The Smithsonian’s buildings conduct a thorough hand-check of all bags, briefcases, purses, and containers. … The Smithsonian suggests that visitors bring only a small purse or “fanny-pack” style bag. Large daypacks, backpacks, or luggage will be subject to a lengthy search.
What can you do in Washington DC for free?
Free Things to Do: Best of Washington, DC
- Explore the National Mall. …
- Visit the White House. …
- Take in the Smithsonian museums. …
- Tour DC’s premier cultural arts center. …
- Enjoy a guided walking tour with DC by Foot. …
- Check out the largest library in the world. …
- Walk through the U.S. Capitol Building.
Is Zoo Lights DC free?
Please note: ZooLights remains free and open to the public even during special event nights! Parking is limited. Visitors are encouraged to take public transportation.
Is it safe to go to zoo?
A zoo, therefore, is a safer option than a museum, he says — just avoid indoor exhibits, such as reptile enclosures. “Attractions that have clear safety guidelines and enforcement may be safer to go to.”
Can you visit the Smithsonian?
Admission to all of the Smithsonian museums is free. With 19 museums and galleries, there truly is something for everyone. Guided tours, hands-on activities and special programs are available.