Best sunday fun things to do in Washington, DC
- Smithsonian National Museum of Natural History. 1.4 mi. 1066 reviews.
- Exorcist Steps. 2.2 mi. 132 reviews.
- United States Botanic Garden. 1.9 mi.
- International Spy Museum. 1.9 mi.
- The Wharf. 2.2 mi.
- ARTECHOUSE DC. 1.9 mi.
- Library of Congress. 2.2 mi.
- National Portrait Gallery. 1.0 mi.
What is there to do in Washington DC this weekend?
Top 12 Things to do in Washington DC during a Weekend Trip
- Tour the Congress Building.
- See the Monuments on the National Mall.
- Visit a Smithsonian Museum…
- White House Tour.
- Arlington National Cemetery.
- Explore Georgetown.
- International Spy Museum.
- National Archives Building.
What is there to do in DC on a Sunday night?
Best sunday night in Washington, DC
- Cloak & Dagger. 0.4 mi. 206 reviews.
- Madam’s Organ. 1.0 mi. 453 reviews.
- The Roof Top at The Graham. 1.6 mi. Cocktail Bars, Venues & Event Spaces, Lounges.
- JoJo Restaurant and Bar. 0.5 mi. 751 reviews.
- DC Improv. 0.7 mi. 358 reviews.
- The Gibson. 0.4 mi. 954 reviews.
- Service Bar. 0.5 mi.
- Copycat Co. 2.3 mi.
Can you do DC in a weekend?
Whether you are going for fun or to appreciate the nation’s history, DC makes a perfect weekend getaway. Here are a few must-visit spots in this US capital city, according to someone who’s traveled there many times.
What is open to do in DC right now?
Here are just a few of the exciting options around Washington DC that are open right now and practicing proper social distancing protocols.
- Arlington National Cemetery Tours.
- U.S. BOTANIC GARDEN.
- LINCOLN MEMORIAL.
- National Gallery of Art Sculpture Garden.
- World War II Memorial.
- JEFFERSON MEMORIAL.
- Vietnam Veterans Memorial.
Is the White House open for tours?
Public tours of the White House remain temporarily suspended until further notice. For the most up-to-date information about touring and visiting the White House, call the 24-hour Visitors Office Information Line at 202-456-7041.
How can I spend 2 days in DC?
Washington DC 2-Day Itinerary
- See the White House as you walk the Ellipse and Lafayette Park.
- Discover the history of Pennsylvania Avenue.
- Explore the US Capitol area.
Can you walk around the National Mall at night?
National Mall and Memorial Parks is open 24 hours a day. The early evening and morning hours are beautiful and tranquil times to visit. Visit our Things to Do and Schedule of Events pages to discover a wide of array of activities from paddle boats and bike tours to nighttime walks with a park ranger.
Can you walk around DC at night?
As with any major city, just use common sense and street smarts and you will be fine. We vacation quite a bit in Washington DC and enjoy walking at nite, and we feel perfectly safe..! Enjoy! Yes, you will be perfectly safe.
Is Washington DC Downtown safe at night?
Is Washington, D.C safe at night? Answer: Most tourist will feel safe after dark in common tourist hubs near and around the National Mall. Its not uncommon for tourist to walk the area of downtown adjacent to the National Mall after dark.
How can I spend a day in DC?
With More Time in Washington DC
- Visit the Smithsonian Museums.
- Tour the Capitol Building (learn more here)
- Tour the White House (learn more here)
- See the Cherry Blossoms at the Tidal Basin in April.
- Visit the International Spy Museum.
- Spend a day in Georgetown.
- Visit the National Zoo.
- Tour the US Holocaust Museum.
How many days do you need to spend in Washington DC?
Depending on your interests, you should spend at least 3 days in Washington, DC. This gives you enough time to see the monuments, memorials, museums, parks, and enjoy what the district has to offer. Here’s a quick guide on how to see Washington, DC in 3 days.
What is there to do in Washington DC for 36 hours?
36 Hours in Washington, D.C.
- Himitsu 2. Himitsu.
- Primrose 10. Primrose.
- Showtime Lounge 3. Showtime Lounge.
- Union Market 4. Union Market.
- Tiger Fork 11. Tiger Fork.
- Women in the Arts Museum 5. National Museum of Women in the Arts.
- Top of the Gate 8. Top of the Gate.
- NMAAHC 1. National Museum of African American History and Culture.
Are Washington DC museums open on Sundays?
If you want to explore DC on a weekend, you’re in luck as all the monuments and museums on the National Mall are open on Saturday and Sunday, except for holidays. The Smithsonian Museums are open 10 am -5:30 pm, except the Reynolds Center for American Art and Portraiture open 11:30 am -7:00 pm.
What food is DC known for?
Everyone In Washington DC Absolutely Loves These 13 Foods And Drinks
- Half Smoke. Flickr/Signal the police.
- Cupcakes. Flickr/Guian Bolisay.
- Oysters. Flickr/Mr.
- Kimchi Ramen Noodles. Flickr/James.
- Craft Beer. Flickr/CK Golf.
- Ethiopian Food. Flickr/Raul Pacheco-Vega.
- Pizza. Flickr/Mr.TinDC.
- Banh Mi Sandwich. Flickr/the Hippie Triathlete.
Is DC safe right now?
OVERALL RISK: MEDIUM. Washington D.C. is overall very safe to travel to, with some dangerous areas and spots where you might feel uneasy.