- Spend the Day at the Seattle Waterfront. Seattle Waterfront.
- Visit a Seattle Museum.
- Cozy Up in a Coffee Shop.
- Take a Weekend Trip to Leavenworth.
- Hop On a Ferry to the San Juan Islands.
- Enjoy a Less Crowded Space Needle Experience.
- Ski at Stevens Pass.
- Catch a Live Show.
More items•Oct 9, 2020
What is Washington State known for in winter?
- Washington State is known for many things—Seattle, the Space Needle, mountains, evergreens and rain in the winter. But don’t mistake that rain in the winter as a reason not to take a little vacation. Whether you live in the Evergreen State or are visiting from elsewhere, winter in Washington state is a great time to explore.
There is something for everyone to enjoy in DC this December! To get into the holiday theme, The Washington Ballet is putting on its performance of The Nutcrackerfrom December 2nd – 26th at the Warner Theater, so there will be plenty of chances to see them. The following theatrical shows will also be available this month:
What is there to do in Washington in the winter?
- Lace Up and Hit the Ice. …
- Witness the National Christmas Tree and Pageant of Peace. …
- Get Wild at the National Zoo. …
- Go Green at the U.S. Botanical Gardens. …
- Check out the Willard Intercontinental Holiday Display. …
- Stay Warm While Being Enlightened. …
- Shop the Downtown Holiday Market. …
- Attend the Lighting of the Menorah.
What is there to do in Seattle in December?
Holiday happenings that illuminate Seattle, making the season merry and bright
- Museum of History and Industry. Lake Union. …
- Museum of Flight. …
- Seattle Center Winterfest. …
- 5th Avenue Theatre. …
- Woodland Park Zoo. …
- Pike Place Market. …
- The Triple Door. …
- Gingerbread Village at the Seattle Sheraton Hotel.
Is December a good time to go to Seattle?
The best time to visit Seattle is from September to October. Summer marks the city’s high season, meaning room rates rise and availability drops, while cold winter weather can deter even the most avid sightseers.
Where can I go for Christmas in Washington State?
7 Best Christmas Getaways in Washington – Tripping.com
- Bellevue. The city of Bellevue, which lies east of Seattle on the other side of Lake Washington, comes alive during the Christmas holidays. …
- Tacoma. Zoolights at Point Defiance Zoo in Tacoma is an annual event that features spectacular displays of Christmas lights in the shape of animals. …
- Bellingham. …
- Vancouver. …
Does it snow in Washington state in December?
In Seattle, Washington, in December, snow falls for 1.6 days, with typically accumulated 1.7″ (43.2mm) of snow.
Is the Space Needle worth it?
If you’ve never been, The Space Needle is absolutely worth visiting. Yes, it is a tourist attraction, and yes it costs money, but it’s also an iconic Seattle landmark that shouldn’t be passed up in favor of other tourist spots. … If you’ve never been, The Space Needle is absolutely worth visiting.
What is the coldest month of the year in Seattle?
How cold does Seattle get in December?
In most years, Seattle averages a daily maximum temperature for December that’s between 45 and 49 degrees Fahrenheit (7 to 9 degrees Celsius). The minimum temperature usually falls between 34 and 38 °F (1 to 3 °C). December is the coldest month overall for Seattle and the 20th and 21st are its chilliest days.
How bad are Seattle winters?
Seattle has a reputation for rainy, dreary weather year-round, but it’s not quite as bad as people make it seem. … Autumns and winters are colder and wetter than the spring and summer seasons, which see a lot of sunshine and dry days—sometimes even starting as early as February.
What is the rainiest month in Seattle?
How do people dress in Seattle in December?
What to Wear in Seattle Winters: A Down jacket & Warm layers
- A down jacket (waterproof or resistant if possible)
- 1-2 sweaters.
- A beanie.
- A scarf.
- Wool socks.
Is Seattle expensive to visit?
You should plan to spend around $156 per day on your vacation in Seattle, which is the average daily price based on the expenses of other visitors. Past travelers have spent, on average, $38 on meals for one day and $18 on local transportation. Also, the average hotel price in Seattle for a couple is $189.
What is the Christmas town in Washington?
Is there a train to Leavenworth WA?
Amtrak. Amtrak Passenger Rail Service. Empire Builder from Seattle to Chicago with station stop in Leavenworth, WA. Reservations available at Amtrak.com or (800) 872-7245.