Top 12 Things to do in Washington DC during a Weekend Trip
- Tour the Congress Building.
- See the Monuments on the National Mall.
- Visit a Smithsonian Museum…
- White House Tour.
- Arlington National Cemetery.
- Explore Georgetown.
- International Spy Museum.
- National Archives Building.
What is open to do in DC right now?
Here are just a few of the exciting options around Washington DC that are open right now and practicing proper social distancing protocols.
- Arlington National Cemetery Tours.
- U.S. BOTANIC GARDEN.
- LINCOLN MEMORIAL.
- National Gallery of Art Sculpture Garden.
- World War II Memorial.
- JEFFERSON MEMORIAL.
- Vietnam Veterans Memorial.
Can you visit Washington DC in a weekend?
Whether you are going for fun or to appreciate the nation’s history, DC makes a perfect weekend getaway. Here are a few must-visit spots in this US capital city, according to someone who’s traveled there many times.
Are Washington DC attractions open on weekends?
The Washington National Cathedral requires advance tickets on select days of the week that include sightseeing passes, as well as passes to events and performances. The DC History Center is open on Fridays from 2-7 p.m. and on Saturdays from 12-5 p.m. Free, timed entry tickets are required.
What is there to do in DC on a Friday?
Best Fun Things To Do On A Friday Night in Washington, DC
- The Magic Duel. 0.7 mi. 133 reviews.
- National Gallery of Art – Friday Jazz in the Garden Series. 1.4 mi. 81 reviews.
- Cloak & Dagger. 0.4 mi. 206 reviews.
- The Escape Game DC. 2.0 mi.
- DC Improv. 0.7 mi.
- Underground Comedy. 0.6 mi.
- SPIN – Washington. 1.0 mi.
- 9:30 Club. 0.6 mi.
Is the White House open for tours?
Public tours of the White House remain temporarily suspended until further notice. For the most up-to-date information about touring and visiting the White House, call the 24-hour Visitors Office Information Line at 202-456-7041.
Is the White House open to the public?
White House Public Tours: East Wing and the Residence Public tours of the White House are free of charge and can be scheduled through your congressional representative. Refer to the ticketing section for details. Visitors will enter the White House complex from the south side of East Executive Avenue.
How can I spend 2 days in DC?
Washington DC 2-Day Itinerary
- See the White House as you walk the Ellipse and Lafayette Park.
- Discover the history of Pennsylvania Avenue.
- Explore the US Capitol area.
How can I spend a day in DC?
With More Time in Washington DC
- Visit the Smithsonian Museums.
- Tour the Capitol Building (learn more here)
- Tour the White House (learn more here)
- See the Cherry Blossoms at the Tidal Basin in April.
- Visit the International Spy Museum.
- Spend a day in Georgetown.
- Visit the National Zoo.
- Tour the US Holocaust Museum.
What is there to do in DC on a Sunday?
Best sunday fun things to do in Washington, DC
- Smithsonian National Museum of Natural History. 1.4 mi. 1066 reviews.
- Exorcist Steps. 2.2 mi. 132 reviews.
- United States Botanic Garden. 1.9 mi. 488 reviews.
- The Wharf. 2.2 mi.
- International Spy Museum. 1.9 mi.
- ARTECHOUSE DC. 1.9 mi.
- Library of Congress. 2.2 mi.
- Dumbarton Oaks. 1.8 mi.
Are the DC monuments open during shutdown?
Open-air national parks, such as the National Mall and its monuments and memorials, remain open and accessible but with limited access during a partial government shutdown. Most staffed services are usually unavailable, including park ranger-led tours and memorial shops.
Is DC safe right now?
OVERALL RISK: MEDIUM. Washington D.C. is overall very safe to travel to, with some dangerous areas and spots where you might feel uneasy.
Is the national monument open?
The Washington Monument is open daily from 9:00 am to 5:00 pm (last tour time is 4:30). National Mall and Memorial Parks other sites are open 24 hours a day. The early evening and morning hours are beautiful and tranquil times to visit.
What should I do this Friday night?
8 Places To Go On A Friday Night That Are So Much Better Than A Bar Scene
- Go To A Concert. Giphy. Live music is always bound to be fun.
- Have An Adult Sleepover. Giphy.
- Have A Bonfire. Giphy.
- Do A Scavenger Hunt. Giphy.
- Do A Pizza Crawl. Giphy.
- Go On A Shopping Spree. Giphy.
- Go Bowling. Giphy.
- Get Some Sleep. Giphy.
What is there to do in DC on a Monday?
- Arts and Industries Building.
- Yards Park.
- Enchant Christmas.
- National Gallery of Art.
- The National Theatre.
- Arena Stage.
- The Anthem.
Can you walk around the National Mall at night?
National Mall and Memorial Parks is open 24 hours a day. The early evening and morning hours are beautiful and tranquil times to visit. Visit our Things to Do and Schedule of Events pages to discover a wide of array of activities from paddle boats and bike tours to nighttime walks with a park ranger.