Washington, DC has over 70 unique museums to explore. With so many options, we decided to make a post of the top museums to visit in Washington, DC from the Smithsonian museums, galleries, and zoo to some other fun free and paid ones in the city.Oct 13, 2021
- And everything in-between. How many museums are there in Washington DC? As of 2021, our list includes 74 awesome museums.
Collectively called the Smithsonian Institution, the world-renowned museum and research complex consists of 17 museums and galleries in Washington, DC, including the National Zoo.
How many Smithsonian museums are in Washington DC?
Addthis Share Tools. The Smithsonian offers eleven museums and galleries on the National Mall plus six other museums and the National Zoo in the greater National Capital Area.
How many museums are free in Washington DC?
Collectively called the Smithsonian Institution, this world-renowned museum and research complex in the District consists of 17 museums, galleries and a zoo. Each one is free to enter, and across the spectrum, you can learn about the origins of man, the wonders of art, the history and future of flight and so much more.
What is the most visited museum in Washington DC?
the National Museum of Natural History
Is the Smithsonian the largest museum in the world?
The Smithsonian Institution is the world’s largest museum, education, and research complex, with 19 museums and the National Zoo—shaping the future by preserving our heritage, discovering new knowledge, and sharing our resources with the world.
How much does it cost to go to the Smithsonian?
Free, Timed-Entry Passes
All Smithsonian visitors, regardless of age, must have a free, timed-entry pass to enter the Udvar-Hazy Center and National Zoo. Visitors can acquire timed-entry passes by reserving them online or by phone at 1.800. 514.3849, ext. 1.
How do you get tickets to the Smithsonian?
What is the best way to get around Washington DC?
Getting Around Washington DC
- Climb Aboard the Old Town Trolley. For a relaxing, scenic and fact filled journey through DC, hop on the Old Town Trolley Tour. …
- Catch the Metrorail. …
- Ride the Metrobus. …
- Try the DC Circulator. …
- Hop on the Georgetown Metro Connection. …
- Rent a Bike or Take Segway Tour. …
- Call a Cab or Use Ride Sharing Apps.
How much does it cost to visit Washington DC?
Cost of a Trip to Washington, DC, US & the Cheapest Time to Visit Washington. The average price of a 7-day trip to Washington is $1,716 for a solo traveler, $3,082 for a couple, and $5,778 for a family of 4.
Is the National Mall safe at night?
The National Mall is very heavily policed and very safe. Muggings have occurred at night and received major press coverage due to their sensational nature, but they are extremely rare. Use the most basic common sense and you’re guaranteed a lovely evening late into the night.
How much does it cost to tour the White House?
Tours are scheduled on a first come, first served basis. Requests can be submitted up to three months in advance and no less than 21 days in advance. You are encouraged to submit your request as early as possible as a limited number of spaces are available. The White House tour is free of charge.
How long does it take to walk the National Mall?
approximately one hour and 5 minutes
Which is the best Smithsonian museum to visit?
15 Can’t-Miss Free Museums on the National Mall
- National Gallery of Art. …
- United States Botanic Garden. …
- National Air & Space Museum. …
- United States Holocaust Memorial Museum. …
- National Museum of Natural History. …
- National Museum of American History. …
- Hirshhorn Museum and Sculpture Garden.
What is the #1 museum in the world?
1. The Metropolitan Museum of Art New York, NY. The Met — as it’s affectionately called by New Yorkers — tops the list as travelers top choice in the US and in the world for the third year. It’s one of the world’s great museums — so great that you can spend the entire day there and still not see everything.
What is the richest museum in the world?