Detailed List Of The Snowiest Places In Washington
|3||Fairwood Cdp (Spokane County)||45.1|
•Jan 3, 2021
- The inverse tends to be true when it comes to snowfall in Eastern Washington, where the regions closer to the mountains or at higher elevations get significantly more snow. Western Washington The topography and the large bodies of water create incredibly varied and often dynamic weather conditions in the western section of Washington State.
Does the state of Washington get snow?
Snow is rare, but winter temperatures can easily dip into the 20s and 30s (-6° to -1° C) at night. Annual rainfall in the greater Seattle area is about 37 inches (94 cm).
Where in Washington gets the most snow?
Where can I see snow in Washington?
The Best Places for a Snow Adventure near Seattle
- Snoqualmie Summit. Located just about an hour for downtown Seattle, The Summit Tubing Center is snow tubing at its best. …
- Suncadia Resort. …
- Hyak Sno-Park. …
- Stevens Pass Ski Resort. …
- Lt. …
- Paradise Visitor’s Center on Mt. …
- Crystal Mountain Ski Resort. …
- Hurricane Ridge.
How much does it snow in Washington?
Climate AveragesSeattle, WashingtonUnited StatesRainfall38.0 in.38.1 in.Snowfall4.6 in.27.8 in.Precipitation155.3 days106.2 daysSunny152 days205 days
What is the coldest month in Washington state?
Is it safe to walk in Seattle at night?
The city core is mostly safe before midnight — downtown, Belltown, the International District, SoDo, Georgetown, Capitol Hill, Queen Anne Hill. West Seattle is also very safe.
What month does it snow in Washington State?
The winter season snowfall is from 10 to 35 inches. Snow can be expected after the first of December and to remain on the ground for periods varying from a few days to two months between mid-December and the last of February.
What is the warmest city in Washington state?
Which state has the worst winter?
Here are the top 10 states with the worst winters:
- North Dakota.
- South Dakota.
Does it snow in Washington state in December?
In Seattle, Washington, in December, snow falls for 1.6 days, with typically accumulated 1.7″ (43.2mm) of snow.
Where can I see snow near me?
Here are our Top Places to Find the Snow near Los Angeles:
- Big Bear Lake. Places to find snow near Los Angeles. …
- Frazier Park. One of the most popular places to find snow near Los Angeles. …
- Lake Arrowhead. Still no snow at the end of December. …
- Mount San Jacinto State Park. …
- Mount Baldy. …
- Wrightwood. …
- Sequoia National Park.
Where can I go for Christmas in Washington State?
7 Best Christmas Getaways in Washington – Tripping.com
- 7 Best Christmas Getaways in Washington. Share on Facebook. …
- Seattle. From early December until Christmas, Seattle is awash with lights and busy with holiday activities. …
- Bellevue. Source: Flickr/GoToVan. …
- Tacoma. Source: Flickr/Drewtre. …
- Bellingham. Source: Flickr/Curtis Cronn. …
- Stanwood. …
- Vancouver. …
Is Seattle a good place to live?
Living in Seattle is great, just ask anyone who lives here. Sure, they’ll complain about the rain, traffic and graffiti, but they have no plans to leave anytime soon. In fact, more people are moving to Seattle each year; the U.S. Census places Seattle fourth for growth among the 50 biggest U.S. cities.
How cold does it get in Seattle?
Seattle is generally quite temperate, with few days that are unbearably hot and few that are freezing cold. According to the Weather Channel, the average high temperature in winter is somewhere between 40 and 50 degrees Fahrenheit, while the daily low temperature is in the high 30s.