Washington Square, PA Philadelphia, PA Neighborhood – MapQuest
- Washington Square, originally designated in 1682 as Southeast Square, is an open-space park in Center City Philadelphia’s Southeast quadrant and one of the five original planned squares laid out on the city grid by William Penn’s surveyor, Thomas Holme. It is part of both the Washington Square West and Society Hill neighborhoods.
Is Washington Square Philadelphia Safe?
Washington Square West Reviews
People are generally really friendly and are always willing to help out strangers whether you are lost, or you want someone to take a photo of you. It’s also very safe.
Where are the bad areas in Philadelphia?
The most dangerous areas in Philadelphia is based on data from the local law enforcement agency and when not available, also includes estimates based on demographic data.
- Tioga-Nicetown. Population 17,382. …
- Alleghany West. …
- North Central. …
- Strawberry Mansion. …
- Harrowgate. …
- Haddington-Carroll Park. …
- Fairhill. …
Where does Philadelphia located?
What are the northwest suburbs of Philadelphia?
Upper Northwest are Germantown, Mount Airy (which itself is divided into east and west), and Chestnut Hill, and Lower Northwest are Roxborough, Wissahickon, East Falls, and Manayunk. The area of Philadelphia west of the Schuylkill River is known as West Philadelphia.
Where should I not live in Philadelphia?
Here are the 10 worst neighborhoods in Philadelphia according to data:
- Hunting Park.
- Strawberry Mansion.
- Alleghany West.
- Haddington-Carroll Park.
What part of Philly is ghetto?
The only neighborhoods that someone like you would class “ghetto, would be north Philly north and south of Temple university, (Broad Street)parts of Greys Ferry and mid south Philly, though that pocket is surrounded by solid families owning their homes.
What is Philadelphia famous for?
Philadelphia is world-famous for our delicious cheesesteaks. The Italian Market is the world’s OLDEST and largest outdoor market, and has not changed in 100 years. Philadelphia is world famous for our hoagies, cheesesteaks, Tastykakes, Goldenberg Peanut Chews, water ice, and soft pretzels.
What is Philadelphia main industry?
Philadelphia’s economic sectors include higher education, manufacturing, oil refining, food processing, health care and biotechnology, telecommunications, tourism and financial services.
Is Philadelphia dangerous?
While the majority of Americans report that they believe Chicago is the most dangerous city in America, looking solely at the murder rate per capita, Philadelphia could be considered one of the most dangerous big cities in America with a murder rate of 21.5 per 100,000 people.
What is the wealthiest suburb of Philadelphia?
What is the best suburb of Philadelphia?
Best Philadelphia Suburbs To Live In (2020) | [List, Tips, Data,…
- Ardmore – Best Philadelphia Suburb for Millennials.
- Bryn Mawr – Trendy Philadelphia Suburb.
- Conshohocken – Best Philly Suburb for Commuters.
- Devon – Best Philly Suburb for Families.
- Media – Best Place to Retire Near Philadelphia.
- Villanova – Most Affluent Philadelphia Suburb.