What are the best things to do in Spokane WA?
- In addition to its many parks and golf courses, Spokane offers abundant opportunities for outdoor recreation. Bicycling, river rafting, hiking, fishing, boating, skiing, and wildlife watching are all available at various times throughout the year.
What percentage of Spokane is black?
Black or African American: 2.30% Native American: 1.78% Other race: 1.74% Native Hawaiian or Pacific Islander: 0.88%
Is Spokane Washington a good place to live?
Spokane is an incredible place to live. It is easy to get around and most things you need are nearby. Cost of living is is pretty cheap when compared to the rest of the PNW. Honestly, it is a great place to live and raise a family.
What is Spokane known for?
It is known as the birthplace of Father’s Day, and locally by the nickname of “Lilac City”. Officially, Spokane goes by the nickname of Hooptown USA, due to Spokane annually hosting Spokane Hoopfest, the world’s largest basketball tournament.
What is the average annual income in Spokane Washington?
Households in Spokane, WA have a median annual income of $50,306, which is less than the median annual income of $65,712 across the entire United States. This is in comparison to a median income of $47,822 in 2018, which represents a 5.19% annual growth.
How many sq miles is Spokane County?
With a crime rate of 66 per one thousand residents, Spokane has one of the highest crime rates in America compared to all communities of all sizes – from the smallest towns to the very largest cities. One’s chance of becoming a victim of either violent or property crime here is one in 15.
Why is Spokane so bad?
The major contributing factor to Spokane’s poor ranking is a reported rate of 76.8 property crimes per 1,000 residents. That’s second worst of all cities listed. Spokane’s violent crime rate is 5.98 per 1,000 residents. The violent crime rates in all of the top 5 cities is less than 1 per 1,000 people.
What are the bad parts of Spokane?
Most Dangerous Neighborhoods In Spokane, WA
- Brownes Addition. Population 1,390. 302 %
- West Central. Population 8,122. 167 %
- East Central. Population 10,618. 157 %
- Hillyard. Population 7,536. 85 %
- Whitman. Population 3,433. 83 %
- Bemiss. Population 7,551. 57 %
- Nevadalidgerwood. Population 27,226. 49 %
- Chief Garry Park. Population 6,060.