What are the 5 largest states?
The Largest States in the U.S. by Area
- Alaska. 663,267.26.
- Texas. 268,580.82.
- California. 163,695.57.
- Montana. 147,042.40.
- New Mexico. 121,589.48.
- Arizona. 113,998.30.
- Nevada. 110,560.71.
- Colorado. 104,093.57.
What are the sizes of the states in order?
Here is a list of the top ten biggest states by size:
- Alaska (Total area: 665,384 square miles)
- Texas (Total area: 268,596 square miles)
- California (Total area: 163,696 square miles)
- Montana (Total area: 147,040 square miles)
- New Mexico (Total area: 121,590 square miles)
- Arizona (Total area: 113,990 square miles)
Is Oregon bigger than Washington?
About this page: Side-by-side comparison between Washington and Oregon using the main population, demographic, and social indicators from the United States Census Bureau.
Washington vs. Oregon.WashingtonOregonLand area in square miles, 201066,455.5295,988.01
What are the 10 smallest states?
The 5 Smallest States by Land Area
- 4) Hawaii—6,423 square miles (16,635 square kilometers)
- 5) New Jersey—7,417 square miles (19,210 square kilometers)
- 1) Wyoming—585,501 people.
- 2) Vermont—624,594.
- 3) North Dakota—755,393.
- 4) Alaska—741,894.
- 5) South Dakota—865,454.
What is the longest state?
What is the biggest state in the whole world?
Covering an expanse of over 6.6 million square miles, Russia is the world’s largest country by landmass, beating out runner-up Canada by around 2.8 million square miles.
What is the biggest to smallest states?
List of US States By SizeRankState NameSquare Miles1Alaska571,9512Texas261,7973California155,9594Montana145,552
What is the biggest state in the United States by population?
Is Alaska bigger than Texas?
Yes, Alaska is bigger than Texas, which is the second largest state at 262,970 square miles. … In fact, Alaska is large enough to fit in as many as 19 other states including New York, Florida, Oklahoma, Indiana and Pennsylvania.
Which is the smartest state?
New Jersey is the smartest state in U.S., survey says
- New Jersey was named the smartest state in the United States, according to a data review by Safe Home. …
- New Jersey has 24.2% residents with bachelor’s degrees while 15.6% of residents obtained a graduate or other professional degree.
What is the third smallest state?
States by Size in Square MilesStateSquare Miles (Land Area)1Alaska570,6412Texas261,9143California155,9734Montana145,556