Households with more than $1 million in investable assets
|State||Millionaire households||Millionaires as share of all households|
- Nationally, there were 534,000 more millionaires in 2018 than in the year prior. Here’s how many there are in Washington. Washington ranked 11th on the annual Phoenix Wealth Affluent Monitor. In Washington, there are 205,446 millionaire households, for a ratio to total households of 7.04 percent, according to the Phoenix Marketing International report that tracks high net-worth households. Our state moved up two places since 2017.
How many millionaires are in King County Washington?
10. King County, Oregon: At tenth position, King County has 68,390 millionaire households forming 33 % of such households in Washington and 1 % in U.S.A.
Who is the richest man in Washington state?
Most of the women on the list inherited their fortunes, while the Mars candy family notably takes the top spot in three different states. Jeff Bezos once again outranks Bill Gates in Washington State — Bezos and Gates are the first and second richest men in the entire world, respectively.
Which US state has the most millionaires?
This statistic presents the American states with highest ratio of millionaire households per capita in 2020. In that year, New Jersey had the highest ratio of millionaire households per capita in the country, with 9.76 percent of households holding over one million U.S. dollars in assets.
What country has the most millionaires?
Switzerland was the country with the highest rate of millionaires worldwide in 2020, with almost 15 percent of the adult population owning assets worth more than one million U.S. dollars.
Which country has the most millionaires per capita?
Top 5 Countries by Millionaires by Capita
- Switzerland. Some 9.5% of the Swiss are millionaires, placing the central European country fourth.
- Hong Kong. More than 200,000 residents of this Special Administrative Region of China – about 8.8% to be exact – are US dollar millionaires.
How many billionaires live in Washington?
Washington is the only state that is home to two $100-billion-plus billionaires: Jeff Bezos and Bill Gates. With Steve Ballmer’s and MacKenzie Scott’s $50-plus billion net worth, the average fortune of the 21 billionaires in the Evergreen State stands at more than $22 billion.
What college did Jeff Bezos go to?
Here’s How. The Amazon and Blue Origin founder graduated from Princeton University in 1986 with a bachelor’s in electrical engineering and computer science.
How can you tell if someone is secretly rich?
12 signs someone is secretly rich and wealthy
- 1) They’re endlessly curious about new ideas and information.
- 2) They go easy on using their credit card for optional purchases.
- 3) It’s hard to pin down their career to just one job.
- 4) They laugh at rich douchebags who show off.
Are there any states with no billionaires?
[W]hen a team of reporters from Forbes magazine went looking for the richest person in every state, they found billionaires in every state except six: Alabama, Alaska, Delaware, New Hampshire, New Mexico and Vermont. Abele is 82, according to Forbes.
How old is the average millionaire?
According to a report about the US millionaire population by age, the average age of US millionaires is 62 years old. About 38% of US millionaires are over 65 years of age.
What percentile is 6 million worth?
Other points to note are that the 90th percentile (top decile) for household assets is approximately $1.3 million; the 99th percentile (top percentile) is approximately $6.5 million; and the 99.9 percentile (the top one-tenth of one percent) is $27.8 million.
Is a billionaire also a millionaire?
In countries that use the short scale number naming system, a billionaire is someone who has at least a thousand times a million dollars, euros or the currency of the given country. Hence a person must have a net worth of at least one million USD to be recognised as a millionaire anywhere in the world.