How do I become a pharmacy technician in Washington state?
How do you become a pharmacy technician in Washington?
- You must be at least 18 years old.
- You must have a high school diploma or GED.
- Pass a criminal record check.
- Complete a State-approved education or pharmacy technician training program.
- Pass the Pharmacy Technician Certification Exam (PTCE) or the ExCPT exam.
What state pays the most for pharmacy technicians?
The states and districts that pay Pharmacy Technicians the highest mean salary are Alaska ($43,150), California ($42,610), Washington ($42,470), Oregon ($40,920), and District of Columbia ($39,980).
Do pharmacy techs get paid well?
An early career Pharmacy Technician with 1-4 years of experience earns an average total compensation of $13.04 based on 7,059 salaries. A mid-career Pharmacy Technician with 5-9 years of experience earns an average total compensation of $15.38 based on 3,183 salaries.
How much does a pharmacy technician pay an hour?
What Is the Average Pharmacy Technician Salary by StateStateHourly WageAnnual SalaryCalifornia – Pharmacy Technician Salary$15.01$31,211Virginia – Pharmacy Technician Salary$14.94$31,072Kentucky – Pharmacy Technician Salary$14.64$30,447South Dakota – Pharmacy Technician Salary$14.60$30,375
Is a pharmacy tech a good career?
1. Why Becoming a Pharmacy Technician Is a Good Career. … A pharmacy technician career is also a stable one with ample employment opportunities and increasing demand. According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, the job outlook for pharmacy technicians is bright with an above-average growth rate.12 мая 2019 г.
Who pays more CVS or Walgreens?
Salaries. CVS Health has 2,628 more total submitted salaries than Walgreens.
Is there a high demand for pharmacy technicians?
Employment of pharmacy technicians is projected to grow 7 percent from 2018 to 2028, faster than the average for all occupations. Increased demand for prescription medications will lead to more demand for pharmaceutical services.
Can a pharmacy tech work at two different pharmacies?
This is the answer. The 3-letter chain prohibits their Pharmacy staff from working for another pharmacy concurrently, regardless of location.
Where do pharmacy techs make the most money?
Below is a list of the top-10 highest-paying states for pharmacy technicians.
- Alaska average pharmacy technician salary: $43,150.
- California average pharmacy technician salary: $42,610.
- Washington average pharmacy technician salary: $42,470.
- Oregon average pharmacy technician salary: $40,920.
What’s the highest a pharmacy tech can make?
In August 2020, the average wage for pharmacy technicians nationwide was $14.04 per hour. Fifty percent of pharmacy technicians made between $11.00 and $15.00 per hour. The bottom 10% was paid less than $10.00 per hour. The highest earners made $18.00 per hour or more.
What is the highest paid pharmacy job?
Nuclear pharmacists remain the highest paid and hospital/healthcare systems remain the highest-paying job setting.
How much do pharmacy techs make at Target?
The average Target salary ranges from approximately $24,902 per year for Certified Pharmacy Technician to $140,609 per year for Pharmacy Manager. Average Target hourly pay ranges from approximately $13.37 per hour for Pharmacy Technician to $63.51 per hour for Staff Pharmacist.
Is hard to become a pharmacist?
Becoming a pharmacist requires a massive amount of education and training. Before you receive your PharmD degree, expect to go through 6-8 years of school. And these won’t be easy years.