What is the meaning of the 5¢ stamp?
- The 5¢ denomination features George Washington as its subject. This stamp has excessive shading around the lower part of Washington’s face, leading the public to dub it the “dirty face” or “unshaven” Washington.
US Blue George Washington 5 Cent Stamp US Never used & Connected. $110.00.
How much are George Washington stamps worth?
#5 – George Washington Stamp 1867
There is nothing technically wrong with the stamp to add to its value, it is just a sought after stamp and although 1,000 were printed, only four are known to be in existence and they are worth about $165,000 each.
How much is a red George Washington two cent stamp worth?
1914-16 Rotary Coil Single Line Watermark Perforated 10 VerticalDenom.DescriptionMint2 centCarmine rose Type I$195.002 centRed Type II$160.002 centCarmine Type III$11.253 centViolet$365.00
What is the rarest George Washington stamp?
USA 1867 3¢ George Washington B-grill Rose – $900,000 (£768k) This exceedingly rare version of the 1867 3¢ George Washington stamp in rose is one of America’s most sought-after philatelic treasures. The last example to come up at auction sold for a staggering $900,000 (£768k).
Are 3 cent stamps valuable?
The rarest three-center, an 1867 rose-colored likeness of George Washington, is worth $45,000 in mint condition. But most old 3-cent stamps bring under $50, says Mr. Katz. “Everyone has them; they were printed by the millions.
How much is a 1 cent George Washington stamp worth?
$9,999.99. Based on the first 100 of 272 results for “george washington 1 cent stamp “. Based on items currently for sale on eBay.
How do I know if my stamps are valuable?
Stamps are usually more valuable if…
They have bright, fresh and original colours: If a stamp’s colour has faded (because of water or sunlight) its value will be significantly reduced.
What is a Benjamin Franklin one cent stamp worth?
Most 1¢ green Benjamin Franklin stamps are common and valued at less than $1, but two rotary press varieties that look almost the same as common flat-plate issues are scarce and worth thousands.
What are the most valuable stamps?
Most valuable U.S. stamps
- $1,350,000. Inverted Jenny stamp, 1918. …
- $900,000. 3c George Washington stamp, 1867. …
- $850,000. 1c Benjamin Franklin stamp, 1868. …
- $625,000. 24c Declaration of Independence stamp, 1869. …
- $375,000. 1c Benjamin Franklin stamp, 1851. …
- $310,500. 30¢ Shield, Eagle & Flags stamp, 1869. …
- $310,000. …
What is a John Adams 2 cent stamp worth?
1938 Presidential Series – The PrexiesDenom.DescriptionMint2 centJohn Adams$0.353 centThomas Jefferson$0.404 centJames Madison$1.254 1/2 centWhite House$0.40
Are old stamps worth any money?
Stamps may also have value if they were issued no later than about 1960, though this doesn’t mean the older the stamp, the more valuable they are. While the Penny Black was the first stamp to be issued 68million were produced and sold meaning they are not rare.
What foreign stamps are worth money?
The most expensive stamps in the world
- The Penny Black – €3,000. Issued in the United Kingdom in May 1840, the Penny Black was the first adhesive stamp in the world, which is why this stamp is considered so valuable. …
- Hawaiian Missionaries – €39,000. …
- Inverted Jenny – €750,000. …
- Baden 9 Kreuzer – Around €1 Million. …
- The Treskilling Yellow – Over €2.1 Million.