District of Columbia average gas prices
|Week Ago Avg.||$3.567||$3.762|
|Month Ago Avg.||$3.602||$3.633|
1 more row
- According to GasBuddy (May 2019), a gallon of gas in Washington, D.C. carries an average price of $2.95. This is marginally more expensive than the $2.88 national average. Gas taxes here are 23.5 cents per gallon. Include the 18.4-cent federal gas tax and you will pay 41.9 cents in gas taxes in the U.S. capital.
How much is Washington DC Gas Tax? In Washington DC, the gas tax is 41.9 cents per gallon of unleaded gasoline. Washington DC is ranked 34th in terms of the gasoline tax in the United States. The higher the ranking, the cheaper is the gas compared with other states.
How much is gas in Washington right now?
State Gas Price AveragesStateRegularPremiumVermont$2.184$2.787Washington$2.835$3.201Wisconsin$2.032$2.757West Virginia$2.258$2.841
Where is gas the cheapest in the US?
The cheapest states to get gas, ranked
- The average price of gas in the US is $2.584, but many states fall below the national average.
- The five cheapest states to get gas, as of January 6, 2020, are Mississippi, Texas, Kansas, Oklahoma, and Missouri.
How much is gas in the US right now?
National average gas pricesRegularE85Current Avg.$2.213$1.978Yesterday Avg.$2.218$1.984Week Ago Avg.$2.234$2.010Month Ago Avg.$2.177$1.978
What state has the most expensive gas?
Hawaii ($3.47) and California ($3.21) remain the most expensive markets in the country, followed by Washington ($2.90), Oregon ($2.83), Alaska ($2.74), Nevada ($2.75) and Arizona ($2.58).
Why gas in California is so expensive?
Most of what makes gas more expensive in the Bay Area is true statewide as well: The price is high because of higher taxes and stricter environmental restrictions. California taxes on gasoline involve a combination of state and local charges: Gasoline excise tax of 41.7 cents a gallon (47.3 cents after July 1)
Why is gas so expensive in Washington state?
Gas prices in Washington state are the third most expensive in the country, and they’re climbing. … Several factors are driving the increase, according to AAA, including ongoing maintenance at California refineries that reduced stock levels on the West Coast and rising oil prices.
What city has the cheapest gas?
- Santa Fe, NM: $3.250/gallon. Google Earth.
- Albuquerque, NM: $3.208/gallon. Wikipedia.
- Boise, ID: $3.161/gallon.
- Billings, MT: $3.141/gallon.
- Provo, UT: $3.069/gallon.
- See the rest of the 10 Cities with the Cheapest Gas Prices. Trulia.com. Keep reading at The Fiscal Times >
Is gas cheaper in Virginia or North Carolina?
Gas was cheaper in Virginia than almost anywhere else Wednesday, especially along the North Carolina border, according to two online price watchers. … Virginia’s statewide average was $3.27 per gallon. South of the border, prices were averaging $3.40. North Carolina’s cheapest gas was about $3.15.
How much gas will I use on a trip?
To calculate the total amount of money you need to budget for your road trip, divide 850 by 20 to get the number of gallons of gas you will need, which is 42.5. Multiply 42.5 by $2.34, which gives you $99.45 as the total cost of gas for your road trip.
Why are gas prices so high in Oregon?
It’s mostly taxes. According to the Oregon Department of Transportation, in Portland people pay a 10-cent city tax, a 36-cent state tax and an 18-cent federal tax. That adds up to 64 cents a gallon in taxes. Oregon also taxes the companies that ships your gas, and those additional costs add up.
Where is gas cheapest in the world?
Here are the top ten countries with the cheapest gas prices, according to a Bloomberg report:
- Venezuela. …
- Iran. …
- Kuwait. …
- Nigeria. …
- Egypt. …
- Malaysia. …
- Saudi Arabia. …
- The United Arab Emirates.
What state has the highest gas tax 2020?