Everyone starts with the basic fees of $43.25 and things like vehicle weight, location, and taxes determine your final amount.” The breakdown of registration fees is: Basic renewal fee = $30. County filing fee = $4.50.
- Fees are different for every situation and are calculated many ways. Everyone starts with the basic fees of $43.25 and things like vehicle weight, location, and taxes determine your final amount. This visual guide can help you understand how we calculate vehicle fees. All WAC and RCW links go to leg.wa.gov
How much is car registration in Washington state?
Among the charges, which all car owners have to pay, is a $30 basic registration fee, a variable fee based on the weight of the car, and various services fees. Owners of electric vehicles pay an additional $150 a year to support road projects. Electric cars avoid gas taxes, the primary source of money for state roads.
How much does it cost to renew car registration in WA?
Vehicle Registration Fee: The minimum state fee to renew a passenger vehicle is $30. There is also an additional $4.50 filing fee, and other electronic processing fees for processing your renewal online.
How much do car tabs cost in Washington?
Tab fees start with $30, go up from there Washington residents pay a wide range of taxes and fees when registering their vehicle that depend on where they live and what they drive.
Which state has cheapest car registration fees?
Arizona has the lowest registration fee of $8, but the state adds a $32 public safety fee. Below is a table of each state’s registration and title fees.
How do I register an out of state vehicle in Washington state?
How to Register an Out-of-State Vehicle in Washington
- A Vehicle Certificate of Ownership (Title) Application (Form TD-420-001) that is signed by all owners of the vehicle.
- The out-of-state vehicle title (If the vehicle is held by a lienholder, ask them to send to you a copy of the front and back of the title).
How much is tax and licensing on a used car in Washington?
The 2021 Washington state sales tax rate of 6.5%, plus a 0.3% “motor vehicle sales / lease tax”, the state tax levied on the purchase or lease of all vehicles is 6.8%.
What do you need to register a car in Washington?
What You’ll Need
- Completed Vehicle Certificate of Ownership (Title) Application (Form TD-420-001)
- Proof of identity.
- Proof of ownership.
- Proof of emissions inspection (if applicable)
- Payment for applicable fees & taxes.