The first Washington–Franklin postage stamp to be released was a 2-cent stamp issued on November 16, 1908. Other denominations soon followed and would continue to appear through the first World War years, with the last Washington–Franklin postage stamp issued in 1923.
Are there different types of 2 cent Washington stamps?
- Section 6: Types of the 2 cent Washington (A140) Several minor variations in the design of the A140 2 cent Washington stamp exist, and they have been given Roman numerals to distinguish them. The best website I have ever seen about these types is run by 1847usa.com (© 2002-2005 All rights reserved).
When was the 2 cent Washington stamp made?
The 2-cent Washington Bicentennial Issue stamp was released January 1, 1932.
What is the rarest George Washington stamp?
The 30¢ unwatermarked perforated 10 stamp from 1916–17 —if it exists at all—remains the rarest of any Washington–Franklin issue belonging to a full series: fewer than 300 copies have been certified by various expertizing services.
What can you do with 2 cent stamps?
The answer is simple—use them! The value of the stamp will always be the value indicated on the stamp. All you need to do is purchase additional value stamps (likely 2-cent stamps) and use both on your envelope.
Are George Washington stamps valuable?
This exceedingly rare version of the 1867 3¢ George Washington stamp in rose is one of America’s most sought-after philatelic treasures. The last example to come up at auction sold for a staggering $900,000 (£768k).
What stamps are worth the most money?
The 10 Most Valuable U.S. Stamps
- The Inverted Jenny.
- 1847 Issue Block of 16 of Ben Franklin.
- Almanac Stamp of 1765 or 1766.
- ‘Blue Boy’ Alexandria Postmaster’s Provisional.
- 1869 Pictorials—Inverted Center Errors.
- 9 Unexpected Things Navy SEALs Discovered in Osama bin Laden’s Compound.
- Two-Cent Blue Hawaiian Missionary.
What year is George Washington 3 cent stamp?
The million-dollar 3-cent stamp. A pink 3-cent stamp issued in 1868 and depicting George Washington was bought on Wednesday by an anonymous bidder for $1,035,000, including commission.
Are stamps from the 1960s worth anything?
Stamps may also have value if they were issued no later than about 1960, though this doesn’t mean the older the stamp, the more valuable they are. Interestingly, stamps with genuine errors of production (for example missing colours) are often worth considerably more than ‘normal’ issues.
How do I know if my old stamps are valuable?
How to Determine Stamp Values
- Identify the stamp.
- Find out when was the stamp issued.
- Know the stamp’s age and material used.
- Determine the centering of the design.
- Check the stamp’s gum.
- Determine the condition of the perforations.
- See if the stamp has been cancelled or not.
- Find out the rarity of the stamp.