Starting an LLC in Washington is Easy
- STEP 1: Name Your Washington LLC.
- STEP 2: Choose a Registered Agent in Washington.
- STEP 3: File the Washington LLC Certificate of Formation.
- STEP 4: Create a Washington LLC Operating Agreement.
- STEP 5: Get a Washington LLC EIN.
- To form your LLC, you will have to fill out the Certificate of Formation. It has to be done with the State of Washington’s Secretary of State’s office. You can also file it in-person, via mail, fax, or online for your convenience. If you choose to mail in your certificate, there is a $180 fee.
How much does it cost to form an LLC in Washington state?
How much does it cost to form an LLC in Washington? The Washington Secretary of State charges a $180 fee to file the Certificate of Formation mail and $200 if filed online. You can file an LLC name reservation for $30.
How do I set up an LLC in Washington state?
Forming an LLC in Washington State
- Choose a name. You must first choose a name for your business and confirm that it’s available.
- Appoint a registered agent.
- File a formation document.
- Draft an operating agreement.
- Obtain an employer identification number and open a business bank account.
How long does it take to get an LLC approved in Washington state?
Washington State LLC Approval: If you form your Washington LLC by mail, it will take 7-10 business days to be approved. However, during peak filing times, it can take as long as twenty three (23) business days. Online: If you form your Washington LLC online, it will take 2-3 business days to be approved.
Do I need an EIN for my LLC in Washington state?
No matter what, if you choose to have an LLC treated as a either a regular corporation or a Subchapter S corporation, you will need to get an EIN in almost all cases. Note then that if you have a single member LLC and you’ve elected to be treated as an S corporation, that simple election means you need an EIN.
Do I need an EIN for my LLC?
An LLC will need an EIN if it has any employees or if it will be required to file any of the excise tax forms listed below. Most new single-member LLCs classified as disregarded entities will need to obtain an EIN. An LLC applies for an EIN by filing Form SS-4, Application for Employer Identification Number.
Do you need a business license for a LLC?
In most states, forming an LLC doesn’t require a business license, but you’ll need to follow your state’s procedures. An LLC requires registering with the state and filing the appropriate forms. But even though you don’t need a business license to form an LLC, you probably need one to operate the LLC as a business.
What is the disadvantage of an LLC?
Disadvantages of creating an LLC Cost: An LLC usually costs more to form and maintain than a sole proprietorship or general partnership. States charge an initial formation fee. Many states also impose ongoing fees, such as annual report and/or franchise tax fees.
When should I set up an LLC?
When a business owner has personal liability protection, they can’t be held personally responsible if the business suffers a loss. This means personal assets (car, house, and bank account) are protected. If your business already earns a profit or if it carries any risk of liability, you should start an LLC immediately.
How do you start an LLC?
Steps to Form an LLC
- Choose a name for your LLC.
- File Articles of Organization.
- Choose a registered agent.
- Decide on member vs. manager management.
- Create an LLC operating agreement.
- Comply with other tax and regulatory requirements.
- File annual reports.
- Out of state LLC registration.
Is LegalZoom a good way to start an LLC?
LegalZoom may be a decent option to form an LLC if you: Want to work with an established brand to start your LLC. Are willing to pay extra for better premium services and features, such as an EIN and registered agent services. Need to form a professional LLC (PLLC)
How much does an EIN cost in Washington?
Applying for an EIN for your LLC is free ($0) Applying for an EIN for your Washington LLC is completely free. The IRS doesn’t charge anything for applying for an EIN.
What documents do I need to start an LLC?
The three essential LLC formation documents are:
- Articles of Organization. The Articles of Organization — also called Certificate of Organization — is the equivalent of the corporation’s Articles of Incorporation.
- Operating Agreement.
- Employee Identification Number.
What is better LLC or sole proprietorship?
Most LLC owners stick with pass-through taxation, which is how sole proprietors are taxed. However, you can elect corporate tax status for your LLC if doing so will save you more money. However, due to the combination of liability protection and tax flexibility, an LLC is often a great fit for a small business owner.