How much does it cost to get a CDL in Washington?
Fees For Getting Your CDL In Washington:
Standard CDL – $102. CDL skills test for school bus endorsement – $100. Reduced CDL skills test (Head Start only) – $225. Add CDL endorsement to a WA driver license – $10 license fee + $17 per yr for the time remaining on your license.
How do you get your CDL in WA?
Getting the CDL.
- Visit a Washington driver licensing office which offers the knowledge testing required for the CDL.
- Bring your current license, SSN, and proof of U.S. citizenship or lawful permanent residency.
- Self-certify the type of driving you will be doing; you may have to provide a Medical Examiner’s certificate.
What documents do I need to get a CDL?
You will need to provide a few documents to get a CDL in California.
These documents include:
- Proof of identification. Drivers must be at least 21 years old to drive between states or 18 years old to drive within the same state.
- Your medical examination report. …
- Your Social Security card. …
- CDL test results.
Can I get my CDL license online?
Online CDL Training can be used either as continuing education for existing truck drivers, or as part of a complete CDL training program. To obtain your CDL license, additional hours are required at a truck driving school or certified training center for the skills section of the CDL.
What weight requires a CDL in Washington state?
Do you have to be 21 to get a CDL license?
How old do you have to be to get a commercial driver’s license? A. You have to be at least 18 years of age to get a C.D.L. If you are under 21 years of age, you can only drive intrastate (inside of your state of residence).
Can you get a CDL with a DUI in Washington State?
Federal and State DUI Laws
The laws governing Washington CDLs are found in the Uniform Commercial Driver’s License Act (RCW 46.25. … A CDL holder arrested for DUI or physical control faces a disqualification for a minimum of one year for: Loss of an administrative hearing pursuant to RCW 46.20.
What class is a regular drivers license in Washington state?
A Basic Automobile License (Class D) may be issued to a person 18 years of age and older for all types of motor vehicles registered by the MVC, except motorcycles. A Commercial Driver’s License (Class A, B, C) is for large trucks, buses, and vehicles hauling hazardous materials.
How do I get a Class B license in Washington state?
How to get a Washington Class B CDL (Commercial Drivers License)
- Provide documentation and pay fees.
- Provide Medical Certificate.
- Pass applicable written test(s) to obtain a Washington CDL B permit (General Knowledge and Air Brakes*) *Air Brakes Test not needed if you will NEVER drive a vehicle with air brakes.
What disqualifies you from getting a CDL?
What felonies disqualify you from getting a CDL?
- Under the influence of alcohol. …
- Under the influence of a controlled substance. …
- Refusal to take an alcohol test. …
- Leaving an accident scene. …
- Driving a CMV when not allowed by law. …
- Negligent driving of a CMV resulting in a fatality. …
- Excessive speeding. …
- Reckless driving.
What state has the easiest CDL test?
Do I need a DOT physical to get my CDL permit?
Most types of commercial driving require a DOT medical card, requiring a DOT physical. Your state may require specific documents it wants to see to prove your name and proof of residency. There are fees for getting the CLP. Reading and following the instructions in your states CDL Manual streamlines the process.