What is a food worker card?
- The Food Worker Card is given to food workers after they have shown they understand how to safely prepare, store, and serve foods. All food workers must attend a training class and pass a Washington State test. You will get your card at the end of the class if you pass the test.
Steps to get an Washington Food Handlers Card ( aka Food Handlers Permit)
- Click on this link to access the state-approved course provider
- Watch the videos and read all training material ( additional study materials are provided below)
- Pass the online test provided
- Make payment.
- Print your official Washington food handlers card.
- Print out multiple copies of your certification or save the file to your desktop at home.
Can I get my Washington state food handlers card online?
Can I get my food worker card online? Yes, all local health departments offer the food worker training, test, and card online. The only authorized online training program is www.foodworkercard.wa.gov.
How fast can you get a food handlers card?
Most food handlers in California are required by law to complete a state-approved food handler course within 30 days of employment. However, you may need to complete training sooner if you work in Riverside, San Bernardino or San Diego county.
Do it right serve it safe?
Welcome to Do It Right, Serve It Safe! A training program covering the safe preparation and handling of food. When you complete this course, you can purchase and print a Washington State Food Worker Card.
How do I renew my food handlers card in Washington?
To RENEW a Food Worker Card
- Go to www.foodworkercard.wa.gov or click on the image above.
- Choose your preferred language.
- Select “returning user”
- Fill in county and zip code information.
- Complete the food worker login form.
- Watch the instructional video.
- Successfully complete the test.
Which food do you need to cook to at least 155 F?
Foods that are ground, chopped or minced must reach a temperature 155°F for 15 sec. For example ground beef (hamburger patties), veal, and ground pork (sausage). Also chopped or minced fish. Raw shell eggs – Preparing raw shell eggs that will be held and NOT served immediately such as eggs being held on a buffet.
How hard is food handlers test?
Most people call it a test or an exam, but ServSafe calls it an “assessment”. There are 40 questions on the real ServSafe food handler assessment and also on this practice test. You have to get at least a 75% in order to pass. That means you have to answer at least 30 questions correctly.
Which food is at a temperature that allows bacteria to grow well?
To survive and reproduce, bacteria need time and the right conditions: food, moisture, and a warm temperature. Most pathogens grow rapidly at temperatures above 40°F. The ideal temperature for bacterial growth is between 40 and 140°F – what FSIS calls the “Danger Zone.”
What must be cleaned and rinsed but not sanitized?
All surfaces must be cleaned and rinsed. This includes walls, storage shelves, and garbage containers. However, any surface that touches food, such as knives, stockpots, cutting boards, or prep tables, must be cleaned and sanitized.
Are eggs a potentially hazardous food?
These foods are called POTENTIALLY HAZARDOUS FOODS. … Potentially Hazardous Foods include: Animal products such as meat, fish, poultry, seafood, eggs, and dairy products. Cooked starches such as cooked rice, beans, pasta, and potatoes.