How to get a Washington Medical Marijuana Card?
- How to Get a Medical Marijuana Card in Washington State Find a Clinician Willing to Perform a Screening. Unlike most other MMJ programs, Washington allows a wide range of clinicians to write a marijuana medical card evaluation. Attend the Consultation Get Approved. When you find a willing clinician, make sure you bring your medical records. Schedule an Appointment with a Certified Consultant.
How easy is it to get a medical card in Washington?
It’s a simple process to obtain a medical marijuana card if you live in Washington. If you do, take the authorization the clinician gives you to a marijuana retail store. Pay the store to register your authorization in the state database and issue your Washington Medical Marijuana Recognition card.
What conditions qualify for medical card?
What medical conditions are eligible?
- HIV Positive.
- Hepatitis C.
- Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis.
- Crohn’s Disease.
- Agitation of Alzheimer’s Disease.
- Nail Patella.
Do you need a medical card in Washington state?
Note: Patients between age 18-20 will be required to register and have a medical marijuana card to be allowed to purchase products from a medically-endorsed store.
What symptoms do you need for medical Marijuanas?
Depending on the state, you may qualify for treatment with medical marijuana if you meet certain requirements and have a qualifying condition, such as:
- Alzheimer’s disease.
- Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS)
- Crohn’s disease.
- Epilepsy and seizures.
- Multiple sclerosis and muscle spasms.
Can I go to a dispensary before my card arrives?
Although the medical marijuana certification process doesn’t take very long, many patients are still eager to get started on their treatment. Unfortunately, you won’t be able to visit a dispensary unless you have a state-issued medical marijuana card in your hands.
Do dispensaries take insurance?
No, dispensaries don’t take insurance. Since marijuana isn’t legal at the federal level, insurance companies can’t cover the medication. Also, dispensaries aren’t like the pharmacy. They don’t have a contract with insurance companies to offer your medications at a discount or negotiated rates.
Can you smoke in your car in Washington?
(1) You must not allow smoking in your home. You may not smoke in motor vehicles used to transport children. (2) You may permit adults to smoke outdoors away from children in accordance with RCW 70.160. 075.