How to Get an Adult Drivers License in Washington
- Pre-apply online for a drivers license.
- Pass the knowledge test at a testing location.
- Apply for a license at a licensing office.
- Schedule a drive test at a testing station and pass the test.
- Finalize your drivers license.
What are the requirements for a Washington State driver license?
- Washington Drivers License Basic Requirements. In order to earn your drivers license, you must: Be a Washington resident at least 16 years old. Enroll in and complete a driver training course. Hold your Washington instruction permit for at least 6 months.
What do I need to transfer my driver’s license to Washington?
What You’ll Need to Transfer your Out-of-State Driver License to Washington
- Proof of identity, Social Security number, and residency in Washington. Complete list of acceptable documents.
- Out-of-state driver’s license.
- Payment for required fees. $35 application fee. $54 for Class D driver’s license (valid for 6 years)
What documents do I need to get a driver’s license in Washington state?
Proof of your identity (e.g., a valid driver’s license or passport) Proof of a valid Social Security number (e.g., a Social Security card or W-2 with your SSN) Proof of Washington state residency. (e.g., a Washington ID or utility bill dated within two months)
Can you get your first driver’s license online in Washington state?
You can now apply for a first-time driver instruction permit online! Due to COVID-19, Gov. Jay Inslee waived the instruction permit requirement for in-person signatures.
Do I need a new driver’s license when I move to Washington State?
Will you need to get a new driver’s license if moving to Washington from another state? Yes. How do you get one? To get a Washington driver’s license as a formerly out-of-state resident you’ll have to go to a Washington Department of Licensing office in person to apply (find one near you here).
What is proof of residency in Washington state?
Documents Providing Your Local Address You must provide documents that verify that you live in Washington state. This can include: * Home utility bill (gas, electric, water, garbage, land-line telephone). Not acceptable: cable, internet, or TV bills.
How long does it take to get a driver’s license in Washington?
Allow 7-10 days for delivery of your permanent license.
How much does it cost to get a driver’s license in Washington?
A standard driver’s license or I.D. card costs $54. An enhanced driver’s license or I.D. card will cost $78.
Do you have to take a written test to get your license in Washington?
To get a Washington State driver license, applicants are required to pass a written knowledge and drive skills test.
Can you take the written driving test online in Washington state?
All tests are done by appointment, and you can schedule online, over the phone, via text or email, or in person. You must have passed the state knowledge test within 2 years to be eligible to take the state driving test.
How can I get my license without a driving test?
How to get driving license without an RTO test
- You can now get a driving licence without an RTO test.
- You will have to undergo training at any accredited driving training centres.
- The Ministry of Road Transport and Highways has announced that the new rules will be effective from July 1 2021.
Can you drive straight after passing your test?
Don’t worry about the wait, though— you can legally drive independently as soon as you’ve passed your driving test. All of this means that you’re free to hit the road straight from the test centre! However, there are some good reasons why you may want to give it a miss.
Do you have to retake drivers test if you move to Washington state?
Do drivers moving to Washington have to retake the written test again? Yes, when you move to Washington you’ll need to pass the written test when you transfer your out-of-state license.
Can I drive in Washington with an out-of-state license?
Driver Licensing Office Pass any tests that are required. If you have a valid driver’s license from another state, then you don ‘t have to take the written or driving test.
How do I register an out-of-state vehicle in Washington state?
How to Register an Out-of-State Vehicle in Washington
- A Vehicle Certificate of Ownership (Title) Application (Form TD-420-001) that is signed by all owners of the vehicle.
- The out-of-state vehicle title (If the vehicle is held by a lienholder, ask them to send to you a copy of the front and back of the title).