Starting an LLC in Washington is Easy
- STEP 1: Name Your Washington LLC.
- STEP 2: Choose a Registered Agent in Washington.
- STEP 3: File the Washington LLC Certificate of Formation.
- STEP 4: Create a Washington LLC Operating Agreement.
- STEP 5: Get a Washington LLC EIN.
How do you start a LLC in Washington State?
- Starting an LLC in Washington is Easy Name Your Washington LLC. Choosing a company name is the first and most important step in forming an LLC in Washington state. Choose a Registered Agent in Washington. You are required to appoint a Washington Registered Agent for your LLC. File the Washington LLC Certificate of Formation. Create a Washington LLC Operating Agreement. More items
How much does it cost to start an LLC in Washington state?
How much does it cost to form an LLC in Washington? The Washington Secretary of State charges a $180 fee to file the Certificate of Formation mail and $200 if filed online. You can file an LLC name reservation for $30. You can pay an additional $50 for expedited processing.
How do I form an LLC in Washington state?
Forming an LLC in Washington State
- Choose a name. You must first choose a name for your business and confirm that it’s available.
- Appoint a registered agent.
- File a formation document.
- Draft an operating agreement.
- Obtain an employer identification number and open a business bank account.
How long does it take to set up an LLC in Washington?
Expedited Processing Time to process your corporation or LLC formation varies by state with routine processing taking 4 – 6 weeks or even more in the slowest states. Expedited Processing will reduce that time to about 10 business days or less with the exception of just a few states.
Does my LLC need a business license in Washington state?
State of Washington Business Licensing Washington requires most businesses to have a state business license. You are doing business using a name other than your full name legal name. You plan to hire employees in the next 90 days. You sell a product or provide a service that is subject to state sales tax.
How do I pay myself from my LLC?
You pay yourself from your single member LLC by making an owner’s draw. Your single-member LLC is a “disregarded entity.” In this case, that means your company’s profits and your own income are one and the same. At the end of the year, you report them with Schedule C of your personal tax return (IRS Form 1040).
Do you need a business license for a LLC?
In most states, forming an LLC doesn’t require a business license, but you’ll need to follow your state’s procedures. An LLC requires registering with the state and filing the appropriate forms. But even though you don’t need a business license to form an LLC, you probably need one to operate the LLC as a business.
How much does an LLC cost?
The main cost of forming a limited liability company (LLC) is the state filing fee. This fee ranges between $40 and $500, depending on your state.
How fast can I get an LLC?
Depending on how fast the state processes business filings, it can generally take between a week to ten business days. In some states, once your intake information is received, the state agency often issues approval for the limited liability company within only three business days.
What documents do I need to start an LLC?
The three essential LLC formation documents are:
- Articles of Organization. The Articles of Organization — also called Certificate of Organization — is the equivalent of the corporation’s Articles of Incorporation.
- Operating Agreement.
- Employee Identification Number.
What is better LLC or sole proprietorship?
Most LLC owners stick with pass-through taxation, which is how sole proprietors are taxed. However, you can elect corporate tax status for your LLC if doing so will save you more money. However, due to the combination of liability protection and tax flexibility, an LLC is often a great fit for a small business owner.
What is the difference between LLC and Professional LLC?
The main difference between a LLC and a PLLC is that only professionals recognized in a state through licensing, such as architects, medical practitioners and lawyers, can form PLLCs. The articles of organization are similar to those for a standard LLC, but extra steps are necessary to file.
How do I get an EIN number in Washington state?
Step 1: Determine Your Eligibility
- You may apply for an EIN online if your principal business is located in the United States or U.S. Territories.
- The person applying online must have a valid Taxpayer Identification Number (SSN, ITIN, EIN).
- You are limited to one EIN per responsible party per day.
What is the difference between Ubi and Ein?
State tax ID numbers and federal Employer Identification Numbers are assigned to businesses that employ workers, but EINs can also be assigned even if the company has no workers. UBI refers to Unrelated Business Income. An organization must pay estimated tax if it expects its tax for the year to be $500 or more.
How long is a business license good for in Washington State?
Renew your endorsements each year All city and state endorsements must be renewed annually. You will receive a renewal notice in the mail approximately six weeks before your endorsements expires.