What You’ll Do
- Step 1: Visit your nearest DOL office (optional: make an appointment!) Submit the required documents ID. Complete the odometer disclosure statement (if vehicle is 10 years old) Submit payment.
- Step 2: Receive your Washington vehicle title via U.S. mail within 10 weeks.
What are the steps to register a car?
- The standard process of registering a car will include the following steps: Visit a nearby county tag site. Fill out the “Motor Vehicle Title/Tag Application” form. Submit proof of ownership, such as: The original title properly reassigned. A bill of sale for vehicles older than 1986.
How much does it cost to register car in Washington state?
New residents are required to do this within 30 days of establishing residency. You’ll also need: To submit your Vehicle Title Application (if mailed, will need to be signed in front of a notary)
How do I register an out-of-state vehicle in Washington state?
How to Register an Out-of-State Vehicle in Washington
- A Vehicle Certificate of Ownership (Title) Application (Form TD-420-001) that is signed by all owners of the vehicle.
- The out-of-state vehicle title (If the vehicle is held by a lienholder, ask them to send to you a copy of the front and back of the title).
Can you register a car without a license in Washington state?
Welcome to Washington! First, you must obtain your Washington State Drivers License, then you can register your vehicle(s). You have 30 days to do this after you’ve moved here.
Can I register my car online?
Many states provide car owners with a convenient way to register their vehicles through their website. Some online services will allow you to complete the entire registration process online, while others will allow you to fill out your paperwork and print it to reduce the processing time at the DMV.
How much is tax title and license in Washington state?
Other Taxes and Fees On Washington Car Purchases Washington vehicle buyers may encounter a number of additional fees and taxes, such as: Registration fee: $50. Plate transfer fee: $10. Title fee: $26.
Can I buy a car in Oregon and bring it to Washington?
Current Washington residents If you are a Washington resident and purchase a vehicle outside this state that you then bring into Washington, you owe use tax on the value of that vehicle. You must pay use tax when you license/register your vehicle.
Do you need proof of insurance to register a car in Washington?
You can register a car without insurance in Washington. Although you don’t have to provide proof of insurance at the time of registration, you still need it to legally drive.. You have 30 days from the date of purchase to register a vehicle in the state of Washington, but you can’t drive the car without insurance.
Do you have to have a driver’s license to register a car?
You must have a valid driver’s license to register a vehicle. In most cases, you simply bring your license, car title, and proof of insurance to your local DMV. From there, it’s just a matter of filling out the paperwork and paying the fees.
How long do I have to register my car in Washington?
Just moved to Washington State? You have 30 days to title, register and get WA plates on your vehicle. (You can get a $529 minimum traffic fine if you are a resident and do not license your vehicle in this state.
How do I get license plates for a used car?
In some cases, you can register your new automobile and get permanent license plates at the dealership. Most times, however, you have to go to your state’s Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) to register your automobile. When you go to the DMV, be prepared to show the title, loan documents, and proof of insurance.
How do I register my car in a new state?
Visit your local DMV. Fill out the vehicle registration and title application forms they provide. Expect to pay registration fees between $25 and $60 in order to complete the applications. Step 3: Register your vehicle in your new state
- Proof of insurance.
- Your vehicle’s title.