What is needed to register a car in Washington?
Registering in Person
- A signed Vehicle Certificate of Ownership (Title) Application (Form TD-420-001). …
- Your out-of-state vehicle title. …
- The odometer disclosure statement for vehicles up to 10 years old.
- A bill of sale or dealer purchase agreement, if you have owned the vehicle for less than 90 days.
How much is registration in WA?
Among the charges, which all car owners have to pay, is a $30 basic registration fee, a variable fee based on the weight of the car, and various services fees. Owners of electric vehicles pay an additional $150 a year to support road projects.
How much does it cost to transfer a car title in WA?
The cost to transfer a title is $15.50 plus sales/use tax on purchase price. Purchase price must be within $2,000 of fair market value. Sales tax is not charged on gift transactions as long as DOL gift requirements are met. License subagents charge an extra fee of $12.00 to provide licensing services to your community.
Do you need a license to buy a car in Washington?
In order to legally sell cars in the state of Washington, the Department of Licensing in Washington State requires you to get a Washington Car Dealer License. Washington residents are legally allowed to sell up to four vehicles per year without being licensed, as long as the vehicles are registered in their name.
How long does it take to get license plates Washington?
two to three weeks
How do I transfer title on a car in Washington state?
To transfer a title, the following is needed:
- Current title with the previous owner’s signature(s) releasing ownership. …
- Bill of Sale (PDF) stating the full purchase price or a statement of gift signed by the previous owner. …
- Completed Odometer Disclosure Form if the vehicle is no more than 10 years old.
Why are tabs so expensive in WA?
More than 60 cities use car-tab fees to pay for road construction, bus service and sidewalks. In addition, the state charges fees to help pay for a variety of programs including Washington State Patrol traffic enforcement, highway maintenance, ferry operations and maintenance of county roads and bridges.
How much are car tags in Washington state?
Vehicle Registration Fee:
The minimum state fee to renew a passenger vehicle is $30.
How much is tax and license on a car in Washington?
Washington State Vehicle Sales Tax on Car Purchases
According to the Sales Tax Handbook, a 6.5 percent sales tax rate is collected by Washington State. On top of that is a 0.3 percent lease/vehicle sales tax. This means that in total, the state tax on the lease or purchase of a vehicle adds up to 6.8 percent.
Can you gift a car to a friend in Washington?
Proof of payment in Washington may be required. A statement of gift is required from the donor and does not need to be notarized. “Gift” written on the title as the purchase price is acceptable as the statement of gift.
Do I keep my plates when selling a car in Washington?
The title – also known as the “pink slip.” It’s the certificate that proves you own the car. A Washington bill of sale – You can use Form TD-420-065, which you can download from the DOL’s website, here. … Keep the license plates – Remember that the plates stay with you, not the car.
How do I buy a car in WA?
Buy a vehicle (transfer licence)
- Complete the vehicle licence transfer form with the seller. Step info.
- Obtain licence papers and immobiliser information. Step info.
- Complete the declaration form, if not exempt (Form VL191) Step info.
- Submit forms and proof of identification. Step info.
- Pay vehicle licence duty and transfer fee. Step info.
What documents do you need to sell a car in Washington state?
Bill of Sale, which includes the year, make, model, license plate, VIN number, the date of sale and the purchase price. Emissions certificate if the vehicle has not been tested in the last two years, if emissions is required in the resident city. You must notify the state of Washington of the sale within 5 days.