To get covered, you can go directly to the online health insurance marketplace for Washington. If you need personalized help, you can reach out to an enrollment assistant. Most enrollment helpers are working remotely during the COVID crisis.
How do I sign up for health insurance under the ACA?
- How to Sign up for Health Insurance Under the Affordable Care Act To sign up for ObamaCare go to HealthCare.Gov or find your state’s health insurance marketplace, create an account, then enroll in a plan. Sign up for ObamaCare during open enrollment.
Where do you go to sign up for Obamacare?
Choose a method below to see next steps:
- Find and contact an agent, broker, or assister. …
- Have an agent or broker contact you. …
- Use a certified enrollment partner’s website. …
- Use HealthCare.gov to apply online. …
- Contact the Marketplace Call Center to enroll by phone. …
- Fill out and mail in a paper application.
Can you enroll in Obamacare?
Open Enrollment for 2020 is over, but you may still be able to enroll in a Marketplace health insurance plan for 2020 if you qualify for a Special Enrollment Period. … You’re eligible if you have certain life events, like getting married, having a baby, or losing other health coverage.
How do I enroll in Obamacare 2020?
You can apply at HealthCare.gov or through certified enrollment partner websites, by phone, with the help of a trained assister in your community, through an agent or broker, or with a paper application. See the different ways to apply for 2020 health insurance.
Who can help me with Marketplace insurance?
There are people trained and certified to help you understand your health coverage options and enroll in a plan in every state including: Marketplace assisters. Government agencies, such as State Medicaid and Children’s Health Insurance Program (CHIP) Offices.
What is covered by Obamacare?
A set of 10 categories of services health insurance plans must cover under the Affordable Care Act. These include doctors’ services, inpatient and outpatient hospital care, prescription drug coverage, pregnancy and childbirth, mental health services, and more. Some plans cover more services.
What is the open enrollment period for 2020?
The 2020 Open Enrollment Period runs from Friday, November 1, 2019, to Sunday, December 15, 2019. If you don’t act by December 15, you can’t get 2020 coverage unless you qualify for a Special Enrollment Period.
Is Obamacare still available for 2020?
Still need 2020 coverage?| HealthCare.gov. 2020 Open Enrollment is over, but you may still be able to enroll in 2020 health insurance through a Special Enrollment Period.
Why is open enrollment so short?
Health plans limit enrollment to the open enrollment period in order to discourage adverse selection. Adverse selection happens when sick people sign up for health insurance, but healthy people don’t.
What is the difference between Trumpcare and Obamacare?
There are a few differences between Obamacare and Trumpcare. … Obamacare limited insurers to charge older Americans only three times the cost for younger Americans. Unfortunately, under Trumpcare insurers would be allowed to charge older Americans five times as much as younger Americans (Moscovitz, 2017).
Which marketplace insurance is best?
The 8 Best Health Insurance Companies of 2020
- Kaiser Permanente: Best for Health Savings Account (HSA) Options.
- Blue Cross Blue Shield: Best Large Provider Network.
- UnitedHealthcare: Best for Online Care.
- Aetna: Best for Employer-Based Plans.
- Cigna: Best for Telehealth Care.
- HCSC: Best for Healthy Living Programs.
- Molina Healthcare: Best for Preventive Care.