Do you need a business license to hire employees in Washington?
- You must have a registered business in order to hire employees in Washington state. Businesses and domestic (household) employers must establish employer accounts to report employee hours and wages. To establish or reopen employer accounts, you must file a Business License Application with Business Licensing Service (BLS).
How many employees are in retail?
In December 2020, there were nearly 15.16 million people employed in the retail industry in the United States, down from 15.62 million employed in the same period a year earlier. As of 2019, total U.S. retail sales amounted to about 5.4 trillion U.S. dollars.
How many employees does Washington have?
Explanation. Washington State employed about 119,000 individuals over the 2019-2021 biennium. This is up from the actual number of full-time equivalent positions in the 2017-2019 biennium. Since 2009, the state’s population has grown faster than the expansion of state government.
How many people are employed in the retail industry in the US?
The U.S. retail industry directly employs about 29 million people and supports more than 42 million jobs.
Who are retail employees?
Meaning of retail worker in English a person who works in a store selling goods to the public: Union leaders said about 2,000 retail workers are expected to have voted in favour of a pay deal.
Who makes the most money in Washington state?
Now-former Washington State University football coach Mike Leach was the highest-paid state employee in 2019, earning $3,964,600.
What is the lowest paying job in Washington?
The 10 Lowest Paying Jobs In Washington For 2019
- Counter Attendants, Cafeteria, Food Concession, and Coffee Shop.
- Dining Room and Cafeteria Attendants and Bartender Helpers.
- Forest and Conservation Workers.
- Maids and Housekeeping Cleaners.
- Gaming Cage Workers.
- Hotel, Motel, and Resort Desk Clerks.
What is the highest paying trade in Washington state?
The 30 highest-paying jobs in Washington state, where Amazon, Microsoft and Boeing have taken over
- Obstetricians and gynecologists make an average annual salary of $259,580.
- Surgeons make an average annual salary of $257,580.
- Internists make an average annual salary of $251,210.
How many state employees does Washington State have?
legislative branch – 766. judicial branch – 522. general government (excluding higher ed) – 67,947. Number of State Employees by Agency and County (xlsx) – general government (excludes higher education institutions)
What is the average salary in Washington state?
Average Wages, 2019 In 2019 the average wage for Washington was $56,618. Okanogan and Pacific counties had the lowest average wages at $35,719 and $38,877 respectively. King County had the highest average wage at $92,095. No other county had an average wage at or above the state average.
What are 3 major industries in Washington?
The biggest industries in Washington are:
- Food And Agriculture.
- Aerospace And Construction.
- Information And Communication Technology.
How many people are employed by Amazon in Washington state?
Washington state, home to the company’s Seattle headquarters, had been its largest state for employment prior to 2020. Amazon’s latest total of more than 80,000 employees in Washington state is up 8% from 74,000 earlier in 2020.