What are the top ten things to do in Washington DC?
- Top 10 Things to Do While High in DC 10. Catch a Nats Game in the Standing Areas 9. Watch Improv at Washington Improv Theater 8. Play Sega at the Bar at Atlas Arcade 7. Hit the Trails in Rock Creek Park 6. Catch a Flick at the Smithsonian IMAX 5. Tour Hillwood Estate 4. Stop by the Dupont Circle FRESHFARM Market 3. Paddle Around the Mall
Is there anything to do in Washington DC?
The domed top of the U.S. Capitol Building can be seen in the hazy distance of the east. The Lincoln Memorial is at the opposite end on the west. Other attractions include statues, museums, memorials, art galleries, botanical gardens and more.
How do I spend a day in DC?
With More Time in Washington DC
- Visit the Smithsonian Museums.
- Tour the Capitol Building (learn more here)
- Tour the White House (learn more here)
- See the Cherry Blossoms at the Tidal Basin in April.
- Visit the International Spy Museum.
- Spend a day in Georgetown.
- Visit the National Zoo.
- Tour the US Holocaust Museum.
Is Washington DC worth visiting?
Yes, Washington DC is definitely worth visiting. There is so much culture and beautiful neighborhoods to explore. Most of the popular museums and attractions are free to check out, which can make it a budget-friendly vacation that the whole family will enjoy.
Is the White House open for tours?
Public tours of the White House remain temporarily suspended until further notice. For the most up-to-date information about touring and visiting the White House, call the 24-hour Visitors Office Information Line at 202-456-7041.
Is 1 day enough for Washington DC?
One day in Washington DC is actually enough time to see and do a lot. Don’t believe me? This one day itinerary for visiting Washington DC includes the best sightseeing around the US capitol, best things to do in DC, and an overall plan for an easy day trip to Washington DC.
What can you do in DC for a few hours?
12 Amazingly Fun Things You Can Do In Washington DC In An Hour Or Less
- National Geographic Museum.
- Stroll around Meridian Hill Park.
- Shop at Union Market.
- Tour Harper Macaw.
- Paddleboat on the Tidal Basin.
- The George Washington University Museum and The Textile Museum.
- Kayak on the Potomac.
Can you walk everywhere in Washington DC?
The good news is that most everything you’ll want to see is within walking distance. That’s a big deal. There’s no reason to have a car or use taxi service when visiting DC. You can get almost everywhere on foot and with the use of the metro train system.
What is the best month to visit Washington DC?
The best times to visit Washington, D.C., are from September to November and March to May. In the autumn, the sweltering summer is gone, taking with it most of the high season tourists. All that’s left are crisp breezes and changing leaves, which, by the way, look great against all those marble monuments.
What is the most visited place in Washington DC?
18 Top-Rated Tourist Attractions in Washington, D.C.
- United States Capitol and Capitol Hill. The Capitol, Washington, D.C.
- The Lincoln Memorial.
- National Mall and Veterans Memorials.
- The White House.
- The Washington Monument.
- National Air and Space Museum.
- National Gallery of Art.
- National Museum of Natural History.
How much is a Washington DC trip?
The average price of a 7-day trip to Washington is $1,716 for a solo traveler, $3,082 for a couple, and $5,778 for a family of 4. Washington hotels range from $79 to $302 per night with an average of $155, while most vacation rentals will cost $140 to $500 per night for the entire home.
How much does it cost to visit the White House?
Tours are scheduled on a first come, first served basis. Requests can be submitted up to three months in advance and no less than 21 days in advance. You are encouraged to submit your request as early as possible as a limited number of spaces are available. All White House tours are free of charge.
Is there a dress code to visit the White House?
There is no dress code to tour the White House, but due to the importance of the building, you should want to dress neatly.
Can you tour the Pentagon?
It is open for official tours through the Pentagon Tours program. Pentagon tours must be reserved at least 14 days in advance and no more than 90 days in advance. Tours are conducted Monday-Thursday (excluding federal holidays) from 10 a.m.- 4 p.m. and from 12 – 4p.