- Spokane is home to beautiful parks, waterfalls, unique museums and great activities. Explore the downtown shops and restaurants, listen to a performance by the Spokane Symphony orchestra, enjoy wine tasting and go hiking along one of the scenic trails in the area.
Is there anything to do in Spokane?
Quick View: The Top 22 Things to Do in Spokane
- Riverfront Park.
- Centennial Trail.
- ROW Adventure Center.
- Mobius Children’s Museum.
- Green Bluff.
- Manito Park.
- Northwest Museum of Arts.
- The Campbell House.
What is special about Spokane Washington?
Spokane is the smallest city to host a World’s Fair. Spokane is the home of Bing Crosby. More than ½ of the buildings in downtown Spokane are on the Historic Register, including the Art Deco Fox Theater. Spokane has the 2 nd Largest Urban Waterfall in the United States.
Why is Spokane Washington famous?
S. G. Havermale, who had arrived in 1875, replaced Post as the miller at Spokan Falls. (During the early years, spelling of the city varied between Spokan and Spokane, and “Falls” was dropped in 1891.) Among the enterprising settlers of the 1870s were Anthony M.
What is there to do in Spokane for free?
The Best Free Things to Do in Spokane
- Centennial Trail.
- Spokane Falls.
- Huntington Park.
- Sculpture Walk.
- Heritage Walk.
- Free art galleries.
- First Friday.
- Farmers Markets.
What food is Spokane Washington known for?
Spokane is named a top foodie destination; also worthy of thanks – fried chicken, Thai food and pho.
Is Spokane safe?
With a crime rate of 66 per one thousand residents, Spokane has one of the highest crime rates in America compared to all communities of all sizes – from the smallest towns to the very largest cities. One’s chance of becoming a victim of either violent or property crime here is one in 15.
How far is the Canadian border from Spokane Washington?
The distance between Spokane and Canadian Border Peak is 348 km. The road distance is 675.3 km.
What is the main industry in Spokane?
Spokane Industries The leading industries for non-farm employment in Spokane are education, health services, trade, transportation, utilities, and government. Other prominent industries in Spokane include mining, logging, construction, manufacturing, and professional and business services.
Why is Spokane the Lilac City?
Though called “The Lilac City” for the purple blooms that thrive in the area, Spokane gets its name from the nearby Native American tribe of the same name, which means “Children of the Sun” in Salish. Bing Crosby grew up in Spokane and attended Gonzaga University before going on to stardom.
What are the nicest areas of Spokane?
7 Best Neighborhoods in Spokane, Washington
- Manito-Cannon Hill Neighborhood.
- Cliff-Cannon Neighborhood.
- Browne’s Addition Neighborhood.
- West Central / Kendall Yards Neighborhood.
- Peaceful Valley Neighborhood.
- Downtown Spokane (Riverside) Neighborhood.
- South Perry Neighborhood.
Why is Spokane so special?
Just 92 miles from the Canadian border, and stone’s throw from Idaho, Spokane is a paradise for lovers of the outdoors, near great mountains, majestic forests and many lakes within an hour’s drive.
Does it rain a lot in Spokane?
Spokane, Washington gets 17 inches of rain, on average, per year. The US average is 38 inches of rain per year. Spokane averages 44 inches of snow per year. The US average is 28 inches of snow per year.
Where can I cool off in Spokane?
It’s important to keep cool during these high temperatures. Here’s a list of things to do to help you beat the heat! SPOKANE, Wash. SPLASH PADS
- Audubon Park. 3405 N.
- Carson Park. 5701 N.
- Chief Garry Park. 2515 E.
- Coeur d’Alene Park. 2195 W.
- Franklin Park.
- Friendship Park.
- Glass Park.
- Grandview Park.
What is there to do in Spokane on Friday?
Best fun things to do on a friday night in Spokane, WA
- Spokane Comedy Club. 1.5 mi. $$ Comedy Clubs, Performing Arts.
- Gamers Arcade Bar. 1.5 mi. $$ Bars, Hot Dogs, Arcades.
- The Tiny Tiki. 1.6 mi. Bars.
- The Blue Door Theatre. 1.4 mi.
- The Ridler Piano Bar. 1.5 mi.
- Baby Bar. 1.7 mi.
- The Garland Theater. 1.4 mi.
- Pinot’s Palette. 1.5 mi.