25 Festive Opportunities to Celebrate a Washington, D.C. Christmas
- Visit the National Christmas Tree.
- Skate at the National Gallery of Art’s Sculpture Garden.
- Washington Harbour Ice Rink.
- U.S. Capitol Christmas Tree.
- Warm Up at the Library of Congress Indoor Tree.
- Mount Vernon By Candlelight.
What are fun things to do at Christmas?
- During Christmas, there are sure many things to do around the house. So get your kids to help along. Make Christmas cards, decorate the Christmas tree and let them help in own their way to make Christmas dinner.
Is Christmas a good time to visit Washington DC?
Answer: The holidays during Thanksgiving and Christmas are some of the most affordable times to visit Washington, D.C. and if you don’t mind mid cold it is a great way to save money on a trip to Washington, D.C. The National Mall will feel empty, and museums will be closed on Thanksgiving and Christmas, but the lack of
Is Washington DC decorated for Christmas?
Washington D.C. is a go-to destination for the spring cherry trees, but its holiday lights and winter decorations are equally mesmerizing. If you’re on the hunt for some merry cheer, try one of these nine spots guaranteed to be lit with festivities.
What are some fun Christmas activities?
Christmas Activities For Families
- Take a Holiday Card Photo.
- Visit A Christmas Tree Farm.
- Decorate a Gingerbread House.
- Bake Unique Christmas Cookies.
- Plan a Family Photoshoot.
- Host A Holiday Game Night.
- Host a Christmas Craft Party.
- Write Letters to Santa.
Where can I see Santa in DC?
8 Places to See Santa in the Washington, D.C. Area
- Nationals Park 1500 S Capitol St SE.
- B & O Railroad Museum 901 W Pratt St.
- College Park Aviation Museum 1985 Corporal Frank Scott Dr.
- National Capital Trolley Museum 1313 Bonifant Road.
- The John F.
- Gaylord National Resort & Convention Center.
How can I see Washington DC on a budget?
Free and cheap things to do in Washington, D.C.
- Take a free walking tour of Washington, D.C.
- Learn about National Mall landmarks from a park ranger.
- Visit the Lincoln Memorial.
- Enjoy free admission to the Smithsonian Museums.
- Visit the United States Holocaust Memorial Museum.
- Take a stroll around the beautiful Tidal Basin.
How many days do you need in Washington DC?
Depending on your interests, you should spend at least 3 days in Washington, DC. This gives you enough time to see the monuments, memorials, museums, parks, and enjoy what the district has to offer. Here’s a quick guide on how to see Washington, DC in 3 days.
What can you see in Washington DC in 5 days?
5 Days in Washington, DC
- Sunrise over DC.
- The Phillips Collection.
- Little Serow in Dupont Circle.
- Kayaking in Georgetown.
- Around the World Embassy Tour inside an Embassy.
How can you visit the White House?
Requesting a White House tour Public tour requests must be made through your member of Congress (find your member of Congress and contact information) and submitted up to three months in advance and no less than 21 days prior to your visit.
Are museums in DC open on Christmas?
Many museums are closed on December 25, including all the Smithsonian venues. That doesn’t mean you can’t head to the National Mall and tour the memorials, which are free and available for anyone to stroll through.
Is December a good time to visit DC?
The holiday season is in full swing for the month of December and with so many things to see and do, you will understand why a large number of travelers and tourists consider this month to be the best time to visit Washington DC.
Is Washington DC fun in the winter?
Winter is a great time to visit Washington, D.C., especially with kids off for mid-winter holidays. From concerts to parades to just general fun, post-holiday wintertime offers all the fun of the city without holiday crowds.
Does it snow in DC in December?
DOES IT SNOW IN DC IN DECEMBER? Snow does occur this month but measurable snowfalls, on average, occur on only 1 or 2 days with snowfalls of 1 inch (2.5cm) or more occurring on one day every year or two and snows of 3 inches (7.6 CM) or more falling only about once every 5 years.