What are some things to do in Kent, Kent?
- Taste award-winning beer, wine and spirits made in Kent. Spend a night on the town, or a day on family-friendly bike trails or a sandy shore. Cheer sports champs in action, or nurture your competitive spirit on the court, ice, water or trail.
What is Kent Washington known for?
In the 1920s and ’30s, Kent was known as the Lettuce Capital of the World. The lettuce fields eventually made way for the Boeing Space Center where the Apollo Lunar Rover was built in 1965.
What can you do in Kent for free?
Things to do in Kent for FREE!
- 1) Viking Ship Hugin, Ramsgate.
- 2) Biddenden Vineyards, Biddenden.
- 4) Museums.
- Kent Museum of Freemasonry, Canterbury.
- Turner Contemporary, Margate.
- The Beany House of Art and Knowledge, Canterbury.
- Maidstone Museum and Bentlif Art Gallery, Maidstone.
What is on in Kent?
Top 15 things to do in Kent
- Hever Castle & Gardens, Edenbridge.
- Kent and East Sussex Railway, Ashford.
- Bedgebury National Pinetum, Cranbrook.
- Leeds Castle, Maidstone.
- Canterbury Cathedral, Canterbury.
- Shepherd Neame Brewery Tours, Faversham.
- Spa Valley Railway, Royal Tunbridge Wells.
- Betteshanger Park, Deal.
Is Kent WA Safe?
Kent has a serious property crime problem, not very different from the wider Seattle area, but is generally safe in terms of violent crime.
What makes Kent special?
It claims to be the oldest county in England and contains some 17000 listed buildings. Kent is most famous for its oast-houses, having tall conical or pyramidal roofs. These are the old kilns used for drying hops, once grown throughout the county. Many of which have now been converted into beautiful luxury homes.
Is Kent a suburb of Seattle?
Kent is located in southern King County and is part of Seattle’s metropolitan area. The city is generally divided into three geographic sections: West Hill, the Green River Valley, and East Hill. Downtown Kent is located on the east side of the valley, about 16 miles from downtown Seattle and downtown Bellevue.
Is Washington or Oregon cheaper to live in?
Oregon isn’t notably cheaper when it comes to housing. House prices in Oregon are slightly lower than in Washington but have been rising steadily in past years.
What food is Kent known for?
Here are 8 of Kent’s traditional foods that showcase the “Garden of England”:
- Gypsy Tart.
- Canterbury Tart.
- Whitstable Oysters.
- Folkestone Pudding Pie.
- Kentish Rarebit.
Whats open in Kent?
What’s Open! Kent’s best outdoor attractions
- Rare Breeds Centre.
- Goodnestone Park Gardens.
- Bedgebury Pinetum.
- Wingham Wildlife Park.
- Bodiam Boating Station.
- Bewl Water.
- Port Lympne Hotel & Reserve and Howletts Wild Animal Park.
- Hever Castle.
Where can I go on a rainy day in Kent?
Here are 22 indoor activities you can do in Kent when it’s raining.
- Go rollerskating.
- Visit one of Kent’s beautiful stately homes.
- Visit the Royal Engineers Museum.
- Take the plunge down the Chislehurst Caves.
- Step back in time and experience the Canterbury Tales.
- Explore the huge Historic Dockyard Chatham site.
Is Canterbury worth visiting?
Canterbury is one of the most beautiful historic cities in the country and, as home to a UNESCO World Heritage Site, attracts history lovers from all over the world. Westgate Towers, for example, is one of the main gates to the ancient walled city and, at nearly 640 years old, is England’s largest medieval gateway.
Where should I go on the Kent coast?
The best places to visit on the Kent coast
- For a beautiful beach: Botany Bay.
- For maritime tradition: Ramsgate.
- For wetlands and marshes: Isle of Sheppey.
- For salty sea air: Seasalter.
- For Roman history: Reculver.
- For artsy regeneration: Folkestone.
- For Georgian townhouses and Tudor castles: Deal.