What to do in Leavenworth WA?
- Leavenworth is the gateway to the Enchantments, which is an extremely popular hiking area. The Enchantments are in the Stuart Range, which is one of the most spectacular parts of Washington’s Cascade Mountains. Other popular activities include: river rafting, rock climbing, skiing, dog sledding, wineries, golfing, and mini-golf.
How do I spend a day in Leavenworth?
10 Fun Things to Do in Leavenworth on the Weekend
- Walk Along the River.
- Pretend You’re in Bavaria.
- Learn About Nutcrackers.
- Go Wine Tasting.
- Visit a Reindeer Farm.
- Have a Sausage and a Pint at a Beer Garden.
- Visit Leavenworth at Christmastime.
- Take a Hike.
What is there to do in Leavenworth WA today?
12 Top-Rated Things to Do in Leavenworth, WA
- Enjoy the Festivities.
- Explore Icicle Creek.
- Stand in Awe in The Enchantments.
- Feel the Holiday Spirit at the Christmas Lighting Festival.
- Camp at Lake Wenatchee State Park.
- Ski at Stevens Pass.
- Cross-Country Ski or Snowshoe Close to Town.
- White Water Raft the Wenatchee River.
How many days should you spend in Leavenworth?
How Many Days Should you Spend in Leavenworth? If you’re considering a trip to Leavenworth, this charming community is a great place to spend your weekend. If you plan to do most of your exploring in town, I recommend staying at least two to three nights.
What is Leavenworth WA known for?
Known for its famous Christmas-lighting ceremonies, Leavenworth is undeniably magical in the wintertime and is a perfect home-base for a multitude of snowy activities.
Is Leavenworth worth visiting?
Leavenworth, WA is the cutest little town that is worth a visit year-round. Winter for the Christmas Lighting Festival and winter sports like a day at the Leavenworth Ski Hill. Spring to see all the trails bloom with flowers. No matter what time of year you visit, you’re sure to find fun things to do in Leavenworth.
What is there to do in Leavenworth Spring?
Leavenworth Things to Do, Spring, Summer, and Fall
- Fishing and Motorized Boat Rentals.
- Horseback Riding.
- Mountain Biking.
How long is the train ride from Seattle to Leavenworth?
How long is the train journey from Seattle to Leavenworth? The distance between Seattle and Leavenworth is approximately 78 miles, or 125 kilometers. The average train journey between these two cities takes 3 hours and 20 minutes, Looking for ways to pass the time?
What is there to do in Leavenworth Christmas?
Here are 15 things to do in Leavenworth this Christmas season!
- See the Town Sparkle at The Christmas Lighting Ceremony.
- Take to the Snow in Front Street Park.
- Warm Up with Some German Engelwein.
- Complete Your ‘Fit at the Hat Shop.
- Go Dog Sledding.
- Ski Jump at Leavenworth Ski Hill.
What do you wear to Leavenworth WA?
What to wear/what to pack:
- Warm pants or jeans.
- Fleeces. for men. for women.
- Light gloves or mittens. for men. for women.
- Lip balm.
- Jacket or coat.
- Standard footwear.
- In addition to day-to-day footwear, it’s important to bring snow boots. For traveling to Leavenworth (Washington), a great option is these boots: for men.
Where are the fall colors in Leavenworth?
2. Where to See the Leavenworth Fall Colors
- Lake Wenatchee. Located halfway between Stevens Pass and Downtown Leavenworth, the 489-acre Lake Wenatchee rests in the majestic Cascade Mountains.
- Apple Capital Loop Trail.
- Tumwater Canyon.
- Leavenworth Autumn Leaf Festival.
- Leavenworth Oktoberfest.
What is there to do in Leavenworth WA in October?
15 Best Things to Do in Leavenworth, Washington
- Experience Bavaria in America.
- Shop for One-of-a-kind Items.
- Walk the Riverside Trail at Waterfront Park.
- Visit the Nutcracker Museum.
- Catch a Summer Theater Show.
- Enjoy a Sleigh Ride or Hit the Trails on Horseback.
- Head to the Leavenworth Ski Hill.
- Ride the Rapids.
Is Leavenworth expensive?
The average price of a 7-day trip to Leavenworth is $2,069 for a solo traveler, $3,716 for a couple, and $6,966 for a family of 4. Leavenworth hotels range from $84 to $384 per night with an average of $148, while most vacation rentals will cost $260 to $640 per night for the entire home.
Why is Leavenworth a Bavarian village?
Because of the location of the town in the mountains, it was decided they would reinvent the town with a Bavarian theme. The entire town worked together and completely renovated the downtown area and created some Bavarian style festivals to attract the crowds.
Is Leavenworth safe?
With a crime rate of 36 per one thousand residents, Leavenworth has one of the highest crime rates in America compared to all communities of all sizes – from the smallest towns to the very largest cities. One’s chance of becoming a victim of either violent or property crime here is one in 28.