Best Things to Do in the DC Area in April
- Blossoms Baseball: A Drive-in Movie Pop-up at Capitol Riverfront. Buzzard Point.
- Bunny Hop Parade. Stead Park, DC—FREE.
- Build Your Own Butterfly Garden. Chantilly, VA.
- Easter Egg Hunts. Leesburg, VA.
- Pop Up Street Theater.
- Georgetown GLOW.
- Nature Nook-Terrific Turtles.
What are some fun things to do in Washington DC?
- You can find amazing events all year long in Washington, DC. Explore everything that’s going on, from annual festivals and holiday celebrations to new museum exhibits, concerts and so much more. Milestone anniversaries, can’t-miss events and exciting new attracti
Is Washington DC closed on Easter?
The only “Federal Holidays” that count are on what would otherwise be a usual workday, i.e. a weekday. So no, Easter Sunday is not a federal holiday. From the International Spy Museum’s website: “The Museum is closed New Year’s Day, Thanksgiving Day, and Christmas Day.
What is open in DC on Easter Sunday?
Outdoor attractions like the National Park Service Sites, Monuments and Memorials at the National Mall and around the city are open. Learn more about DC’s parks and gardens and read details about the status of recently reopened sights below. The John F.
What museums are open in Washington DC April 2021?
Museums that are currently open in Washington DC (as of April 05, 2021)
- International Spy Museum – Thursday-Monday with timed tickets only.
- Museum of the Bible – Thursday-Monday with timed tickets only.
- Phillips Art Collection – timed tickets required starting March 06, 2021.
- Glenstone Art Museum – free timed tickets.
What is there to do in Washington in April?
The 9 Places You Absolutely Must Visit In Washington This Spring
- Leavenworth. Visit Leavenworth Facebook.
- The Skagit Valley Tulip Festival. Diana Robinson / Flickr.
- The Yakima Valley. Yakima Valley Facebook.
- Walla Walla.
- The San Juans.
- Second Beach.
- Carson Hot Springs Resort, 372 St Martin’s Springs Rd.
- Whidbey Island.
What is Washington DC like in April?
As the month progresses, the morning lows warm to the low to mid-50s F (10-12 C) while the afternoon highs are most likely to reach into the low to mid-70s F (21-23 C) with a few of the warmer days reaching or exceeding 82 F (about 28C).
Is the DC government open today?
The DC government is operating on a normal schedule.
Is there a mask mandate in Washington DC?
(Washington, DC) – Today, Mayor Bowser announced that on Monday, November 22, the District’s indoor mask mandate will be lifted.
How do you get to the White House?
Public Tour Requests for the White House tour must be submitted through your Member of Congress in either the House or Senate. White House tours are scheduled on a first come, first served basis and they must be requested a minimum of 21 days in advance of your visit.
Are the museums in Washington DC free?
Washington, DC is filled with free museums, from Smithsonians including the National Museum of African American History and Culture, the National Museum of Natural History and the National Air and Space Museum, to art-filled museums like the National Portrait Gallery and the National Gallery of Art.
Is DC safe right now?
OVERALL RISK: MEDIUM. Washington D.C. is overall very safe to travel to, with some dangerous areas and spots where you might feel uneasy.
Are DC museums open on Easter Sunday?
The Smithsonian museums only close for Christmas. The monuments are open. Of course the government buildings are closed on Easter.
Is the national monument open?
The Washington Monument is open daily from 9:00 am to 5:00 pm (last tour time is 4:30). National Mall and Memorial Parks other sites are open 24 hours a day. The early evening and morning hours are beautiful and tranquil times to visit.
What is there to do in Washington state this weekend?
Top Attractions in Washington
- Chihuly Garden and Glass. 24,465. Art Galleries • Art Museums.
- Manito Park. 1,466. Parks • Gardens.
- Mount St. Helens. 489.
- Hurricane Ridge. 1,822.
- Point Defiance Park. 1,238.
- Whatcom Falls Park. 934.
- Leavenworth Reindeer Farm. 440.
- Nisqually National Wildlife Refuge. 609.
What is there to do in Washington DC in the spring?
Things to Do in Washington DC in Spring
- Annual Cherry Blossom Festival.
- Visit the National Botanic Garden.
- Attend Passport DC.
- Explore Georgetown.
- Attend a Baseball Game.
- Visit the Smithsonian Museums.
- Walk along the Tidal Basin.
- Day Trip to Arlington, Virginia.