What is the average cost of living in Washington State?
- Washington cost of living is 118.7 Housing is the biggest factor in the cost of living difference. The median home price in Washington is $381,300.
Does Washington have a high cost of living?
The cost of living in Washington state and Oregon are considered some of the highest in the nation and there are more affordable cities and regions across the United States — particularly in the South. Its living wage is only $48,537 and housing costs about $795 per month.
Is it cheaper to live in Washington or California?
Washington is 7.1% cheaper than California.
Which US state has the highest cost of living?
Cost of living in Hawaii Know that it’s the most expensive place to live in the U.S. The state’s cost of living is nearly double the national average. One of the biggest factors in an area’s cost of living is housing costs. The average Hawaii property goes for more than three times more than the national average.
What state has the cheapest cost of living?
States with the Lowest Cost of Living
- Mississippi. Mississippi has the lowest cost out of living of all 50 states.
- Oklahoma. Oklahoma has the second-lowest cost of living in the United States.
- Arkansas. The state with the third-lowest cost of living in Arkansas.
- New Mexico.
Why you shouldn’t move to Washington state?
1. Winters are too cold, and summers are too hot. Experiencing all four seasons comes at a cost. Washingtonians pretty much hate life from November to March, and if they live in the land of no air conditioning (Western Washington), they hate it again in July.
What is the best city to live in Washington state?
10 best places to live in Washington State
- Olympia. The capital city has a lot going on.
- Spokane. On the eastern edge of Washington State is the lovely Spokane Valley, filled with mountain lakes, waterfalls, and wineries.
- Walla Walla.
- Mercer Island.
Why do Californians move to Washington?
The incredibly high cost of living, steep tax rates, and soaring home prices drive people out of California each year. Washington is appealing to new residents for a variety of reasons including beautiful scenery, colder weather, and a boom in high-tech industries.
What city has the lowest cost of living?
Wichita Falls, Texas, was named the city with the lowest cost of living.