- 1st district: Doug LaMalfa (R), since 2013.
- 2nd district: Jared Huffman (D), since 2013.
- 3rd district: John Garamendi (D), since 2009.
- 4th district: Tom McClintock (R), since 2009.
- 5th district: Mike Thompson (D), since 1999.
- 6th district: Doris Matsui (D), since 2005.
- 7th district: Ami Bera (D), since 2013.
Who are the current members of the California House of Representatives?
- Current members. As of 1 June 2018, California is represented by the following elected officials: California 1: Doug LaMalfa (R), since 2013. California 2: Jared Huffman (D), since 2013.
Who are California’s senators to the U.S. Congress?
Los Angeles, California, U.S. Karen Ruth Bass (/ˈbæs/; born October 3, 1953) is an American politician and social worker serving as the U.S. Representative for California’s 37th congressional district since 2011.
How many congressmen are from California?
California’s Congressional districts since 2013. California is the most populous U.S. state, and, as a result, has the most representation in the United States House of Representatives, with 53 Representatives. Each Representative represents one congressional district.
Who is Scott Peters in California?
Scott Harvey Peters (born June 17, 1958) is an American lawyer and politician serving as the U.S. Representative from California’s 52nd congressional district since 2013. His district includes both coastal and central portions of San Diego, as well as the suburbs of Poway and Coronado.
Who represents California?
As of 3 January 2021, California is represented by the following elected officials, 42 Democrats and 11 Republicans: 1st district: Doug LaMalfa (R), since 2013. 2nd district: Jared Huffman (D), since 2013. 3rd district: John Garamendi (D), since 2009.
Who are the California Assembly members?
- Speaker of the Assembly: Anthony Rendon (D)
- Majority leader: Eloise Gomez Reyes (D)
- Minority leader: Marie Waldron (R)
Who is Karen Bass husband?
State with the most: California (53), same as in 2000. States with the fewest (only one district “at-large”): Alaska, Delaware, Montana, North Dakota, South Dakota, Vermont, and Wyoming.
How many districts does California have?
California is divided into 53 Congressional districts. Each district elects a representative to serve in the United States House of Representatives as part of the California’s congressional delegation. California’s current districts were drawn in 2011 by a California Citizens Redistricting Commission.
Is California a state or country?
California, constituent state of the United States of America.
What district does Scott Peters represent?
Members of the U.S. House of Representatives each represent a portion of their state known as a Congressional District, which averages 700,000 people. Senators however, represent the entire state.